Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Quiz

I was given a challenge to take this quiz and I think I'm sleep deprived enough tonight to try it. I've decided that being sleep-deprived is a little like being drunk (although I wouldn't know about the drinking thing personally. I just watch a lot of drunk people on movies.) When you are sleep-deprived you see double, everything is either hysterically funny or tragically sad, and you do things that you wonder about the next day. Anyway, here we go..

3 names you go by:
1. Hey you!
2. MOOOOOOOM! (shouted by a 3 year old from a bathroom who needs his little butt wiped and you have been ignoring for the last 10 minutes)
3.Amy Lou


3 screen names you have:
1. oscarfish
2. moder34
3. aloc
(Did I just do one of those stupid things that you aren't supposed to do on the internet? Like give away all my personal information so now everyone has access to my life instead of just some people?)


3 things you like about yourself:
1. I am a spelling bee. (I can truly spell just about any word)
2. I am a homing pigeon. (I don't get lost very often. If you take me someplace once I can usually make it back there.)
3. I am a girl of simple pleasures (like 30 minutes alone at Wal-Mart or being able to go to the bathroom alone without kids)


3 things you hate/dislike about yourself:
1. My furry, thick eyebrows
2. The fact that I'm not a REAL blond (it still shocks me when I have to go get my hair highlighted every few weeks. My inner spirit is really a blond.)
3. My two bicuspids that look like razor sharp fangs.


3 parts of your heritage:
1. Swedish (explains my passion for all things red meat and potatoes)
2. British (explains my passion for fried foods)
3. African American (why I have a black Cabbage Patch doll and drag my young children to candlelight vigils in winter)


3 things that scare you:
1. mullets
2. Darth Vader's breathing
3. The family vacation my family took to Hell when I must have been about 17 that I seem to have repressed from my memory. (I need to ask Carrie or Sarah about that! I'm certain I contributed somehow...)


3 of your everyday essentials:
1. my 3 kids & darling husband
2. Great Value brand REAL chocolate chocolate chips
3. a really good book to read


3 things you're wearing right now:
1. an old red T-shirt from Eddie Bauer
2. Christmas pajama bottoms with a safety pin at the waist because I bought them when I was pregnant
3. a tortoise shell colored hair clip


3 of your favorite bands/artists (today):
1. 80's Whitney Houston
2. Norah Jones (Real favorite! I think she is amazing!)
3. The Cure (I have just rediscovered their power in my life! A true guilty pleasure!)


3 of your favorite songs at present:
1. "Be Happy" (Judy Garland version)
2. "Survivor" (Destiny's Child)
3. Some song by Josh Groban that is dramatic and passionate and romantic but in Italian so I can't understand a word of it or remember the title.


3 new things you want to try in the next 12 months:
1. a size 10
2. sleeping through the night
3. writing a children's book


3 things you want in a relationship (love is a given):
1. great sex
2. great conversation
3. free babysitting


2 truths and a lie:
1. I was on the Leeza Gibbon’s Show
2. I have a sister who has a nephew with 11 toes
3. I am a size 10


3 physical things about a love interest that appeal:
1. Happy eyes
2. Nice, firm, squeezable butt
3. Good breath


3 things you just can't do:
1. stop eating
2. get to bed before 1:30 a.m.
3. breastfeed


3 of your favorite hobbies:
1. reading, reading, reading (which I usually have 5 minutes of before I fall into a deep sleep)
2. teaching/storytelling (I really love teaching. Really, really.)
3. Going on any kind of adventure


3 things you want to do really badly right now:
1. sleep forever
2. Go kiss my baby's big, round, yummy cheeks
3. Eat a Hawaiin blizzard


3 careers you're considering:
1. Belly Dancing
2. Working at Old Navy
3. Teaching at BYU


3 places you want to go on vacation:
1. Nantucket Island
2. Venice, Italy
3. Iceland


3 kids names (either boy or girl):
1. Claire (I just discovered yesterday how much I really like that name! Who knew!)
2. I hate to say it but I love the name of the baby spice on Blue's Clues....PAPRIKA or CINNAMON
3. Spencer or Andrew


3 things you want to do before you die:
1. sleep a lot
2. learn how to wear make-up and do my hair
3. wear tight leather pants, tube top, and red spiky heels while lip synching to Abba's "Dancing Queen"


3 People who should take this quiz right now:
1. Suzie Petunia
2. ADD Typist
3. Mo

9 comments:

kacy faulconer said...

You are hilarious. Do you sometimes post anonymous comments on my site just to drive me nuts? Just wondering.

Carly said...

I can relate to much of this post. For example, I, too, have busy eyebrows. I, too, love that dramatic Josh Groban song. I, too, have a three year old and love tohave a moment in the bathroom by myself or thirty minutes at Wal Mart. And I, too, am currently intrigued with "Survivor" by Destiny's Child. Oh, and I am a blond by heart, also.

Carrie Ann said...

Do you really want to go to Iceland? Eyebrows can be fixed you know. Hey, your eyebrows are naturally blond! All the things you want are really obtainable, I'm so grateful you're realatively easy to please. It makes birthdays and Christmas so much easier for me...

Suzie Petunia said...

You know nothing about bushy eyebrows. Do the folicles just die eventually if you pluck enough? Please tell me "yes": I can't do this forever.

Look at me. It's 1:12 AM and I can't make myself go to bed. Time goes by TOO QUICKLY when I'm asleep, and then I have to wake up and do it all over again. And with an additional child first thing in the morning because I'm babysitting! AAAHHHHH!

Oh, and I did take the quiz click here for more fun than you can handle.

I sure hope that works and I didn't just really embarass myself.

Suzie Petunia said...

So, Carly...what are your eyebrows "busy" doing? Just wondering. :)

Alice said...

Very fun. I can't wait to read Mo's answers.

Christian F said...

Great comment on VSoM. It seemed odd to post this there, so here I am.

mo said...

I'm still thinking about taking the quiz. Apparently it works best when it's after 1 in the morning and I have a hard time staying up that late these days. Don't give up on me though! One last thing....how do I tell my daughter that she really isn't part African American? She has thought that since she was little. The only reason she got the black Cabbage Patch kid was supply and demand during the Cabbage Patch Kid shortage days!

Suzie Petunia said...

Mo, where is your blog? I think you are secretly writing and not telling us.