Every morning around 7:00 a.m., my darling M. stumbles into my room, climbs into my bed, waits for me to pull the covers snugly around him, and goes back to sleep on my pillow. When he finally wakes up, I have to tickle him, kiss him on both delicious, firm, plump cheeks and ask him if he had any good dreams. Today he told me he dreamed that a bagel with cream cheese and legs was walking around his room. I asked, "Was it a scary dream?" He answered, "No mom. It was a good bagel...not an enemy bagel." The image of a big bagel with legs has made me giggle all day.
M. makes me laugh...all the time.
M. also moves at his own pace. There is no speeding him up. I usually am about 10 paces in front of him yelling encouraging words that really don't ever make his legs move any faster. Yesterday, when he finally caught up to where I was waiting, with a very exasperated look on his face, he said, "Mom, why are you always leaving me behind?" Try giving your 3 year old a logical answer to that. I told him I was very sorry and would try not to do that ever again. And you know what...I tried really hard today to walk at M.'s pace and I saw some things I'd never seen before. Hmmm...I'm starting to see what I've been missing.
M. is always a super hero. Today he was Flash. He flew all around the zoo today...sometimes with his hands out in front of him and with a reckless regard for whatever got in his way. Today I got to be Wonder Woman. She is my favorite. Other days I am relegated to either Batgirl or Supergirl. I don't get the same thrill being them. When we play Scooby-Doo Mystery Gang I am ALWAYS Velma and H. always gets to be Daphne. I asked him about it once and he looked at me like I was crazy. Apparently it is very obvious to him. I'll try to be satisfied with my lot in life.
M. always wants to play and just about every sentence starts with "Let's pretend that..." When you try to tell him a story, he steals it right out from under you and dictates every detail that he wants to see happen. When you say, "M., why don't YOU just tell the story" he is quick to reply, "You can tell it. Just be sure you tell it right." He loves, loves, loves to read books. His favorite right now is "Knufflebunny" by Mo Willems. A classic for any collection. And "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" will make him giggle out loud every time.
M. eats fruit like a real herbivore. His favorites are grapes, apples, and oranges. The fruit drawer in my refrigerator is filled with half-eaten fruit that when I try to make him finish he turns up his nose and says, "Mom, that is yucky fruit. I want clean, fresh fruit."
M. can make H. laugh harder than any other person I know. She thinks he is hilarious! They look more and more alike with their round faces, big eyes, and chubby cheeks. I am so grateful for my M. boy. From the day he was born, he has truly been a gift and a blessing in my life. He is fun, adventurous, happy, imaginative, clever, smart, and is such a great friend! I love you M.! Just stop smearing the toothpaste all over the bathroom mirror....
9 comments:
What a wonderful & sweet post. :)
What cute, funny, smart, and interesting Grandchildren I have. My favorite thing with M. is to say to him when I am leaving, "Don't say goodbye to me!" It always makes him smile and sometimes I can even snag a hug.
It's always a wonderful thing to pop onto your blog and find a new post. They are always delightful, just like you!
3 is such a fun age - such fun little insights into life, and enough pudginess to make you want to scoop them up and shower them with kisses.
Very, very cute.
So many things I didn't know about my sweet nephew! He is so funny, imaginative, smart and darn cute! Can he come play?
I also love to hear about my boys' dreams. I know that when Henry starts having bad dreams about monsters attacking him it is time to lay off the xbox. No larger-than-life bagels yet, but I do think he actually had a dream about an abnormally large donut. Is it little boy thing?
M. is a very special lad. He has depth and a great sense of humor. A great combination in a president of the United States, Ambassador to the UN or Supreme Court Justice.
I love reading your blog. It is such an uplift for life and seeing life in such a great way. You are a wonderful mom and niece and m. is a wonderful son and grand nephew.
Oh so Beautifuly, little missy. You make me smile. Arn't those smiles, all about wonder?
You can be superwoman anytime. I'll be batgirl.
*grin*
I think your just perfect.
i miss my tank... tackle him once for me today and tell him its from uncle spencer... then ask what super hero i am.
Post a Comment