Many of you are going to receive a "hard copy" of this whole post in the mail. So if you want to reserve any of the suspense, stop reading now. For those of you that don't get the letter, please don't take it personally. I ran out of Wal-Mart xmas cards and stamps.
Enjoy.
December 2006
Dear Family & Friends,
Merry Christmas! It really feels like I was just writing a Christmas letter…the days can seem like an eternity but the weeks and months fly by! It has been a year of adventures, amazing memories, trials, challenges and untold joy! We truly wouldn’t have it any other way!
The year started with Chris and I dropping our 3 darlings off in California to spend a week with their aunt, uncle and cousins while Chris and I went to Hawaii to attend my brother Spencer’s wedding. My ENTIRE family (all 7 siblings with spouses and some extended family) were able to attend and it was unbelievable! Snow cones, sea turtles, magnificent scenery and uninterrupted nights of sleep…perfect.
In October we got crazy and took the whole family to Disneyland. After losing M. for 30 minutes, scaring J. to death on Splash Mountain, and watching H. melt down from sheer fatigue, I called my mom on my cell phone and told her “If this is the happiest place on earth, then shoot me now!” Needless to say, the hard moments passed and the remainder of our time in Anaheim was spectacular! I loved being away from the chaos of our daily lives and just being together as a family.
In between the big adventures we are enjoying life’s daily adventures. J. (5) started kindergarten this year at a charter school here in American Fork. He LOVES school and I love uniforms that match and don’t have superheroes on the front! He still loves to do any kind of “project” and has become quite an athlete playing Tball and soccer this year. He is a great big brother & oldest child!
M.(4) started preschool this year in our basement with his mom as his teacher. I really thought I could handle 10 children in my basement having a wonderful social, emotional, and academic experience…if constant wrestling and fighting over fairy wings and Rescue Heroes, crying over bags of snacks, getting play dough and paint ground into the carpet and spending endless amount of time learning to cut a line with a pair of scissors fits the above description, then maybe it is going better than I think. I am learning so much…I don’t know if M. would say the same but we are definitely having a grand adventure together! M. has an amazing imagination and sense of humor. He keeps us laughing!
H.(2) loves to wear “ballerina” skirts, carry a purse, and talk on the phone to Sleeping Beauty. She is all girlie -girl and we love it! The boys are utterly fascinated by the world of girls and I find them watching “Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses” more than Hannah does! She is totally independent, stubborn, sassy and sweet!
Chris continues to work at Imagine Learning, leads the Webelos in weekly adventures, and keeps our family all sane and together. He mops floors, changes diapers, tells great stories to the kids, and is truly adored by his wife and children.
I am still Primary President, teaching preschool and working at J.’s school and still haven’t learned how to balance my life and say “no”. Some things don’t change year to year.
We are so grateful for the love, support and friendship we share with each of you. Our relationships are our greatest JOY and grandest ADVENTURES. We are especially grateful at this time of year for the joy we celebrate in our Savior’s birth and life. We hope each of you feel that Spirit and our love this season!
1 comment:
I have loved what you have shared with us through out the year.
This is a great letter.
I hope you have a beautiful holiday season.
Post a Comment