Is it just me or are these 3 of the cutest kids you have ever laid eyes on? I am so charmed by them that sometimes it is hard not to just sit and stare at them. I love playing games with J. or tickling M. with his big growly laugh, or having a "hot chocolate" party with H. with her little cups and teapot. I love when they are all silly and happy and playing with each other. Having 3 little, little people is hard, hard work. And having 3 little people who are very stubborn and independent and opinionated almost makes me crazy some days but then something will happen and I'll forget the frustration and be completely in love with them again. I've never, ever worked so hard in my entire life! Not when I was working 40+ hours a week or going to graduate school or going to school or doing internships or whatever! I feel like I get out of bed every morning and I'm running until I lay down at night...and even then I find myself sometimes getting up (depending on who let M. watch Scooby Doo or if J. got his hands on a glass of water before bed!) Sometimes I feel like all I do is feed, wipe bums, clean, do dishes, do laundry, clean some more, get more snacks, and I HAVE to be sure to wear a different outfit each day or it starts to all feel like the same day. And then you get up the next day and do it all over again. And yet in all the mundane and nitty-gritty, there is something magical. There must be...because I keep doing it. There is something deep down inside of me that tells me I'm part of something really amazing, something really fantastic. There is something that tells me to keep having faith and trusting in the promises I see in my 3 little people and the blessings of the Lord. Something propels me to do one more load of laundry, clean one more bathroom, and read "Knufflebunny" to M. one more time. And sometimes at night when it is very quiet and everyone is asleep, I lay awake and panic because time moves so quickly and my little children are growing up and every day that passes is one less day with their chubby cheeks and adoring kisses and funny comments. Every night represents one less day with my 3 children around me where I know they are safe and I know what they are doing and I don't have to worry about things out there that don't have their best interest at heart. Being a mother is a tough job...whether it is hating the housework or loving your children so much it hurts. I am grateful for this job that is teaching me so much about myself and others. I still have quite a ways to go before "retirement"...what a journey it is!
Friday, January 12, 2007
Stay-At-Home Mom
Is it just me or are these 3 of the cutest kids you have ever laid eyes on? I am so charmed by them that sometimes it is hard not to just sit and stare at them. I love playing games with J. or tickling M. with his big growly laugh, or having a "hot chocolate" party with H. with her little cups and teapot. I love when they are all silly and happy and playing with each other. Having 3 little, little people is hard, hard work. And having 3 little people who are very stubborn and independent and opinionated almost makes me crazy some days but then something will happen and I'll forget the frustration and be completely in love with them again. I've never, ever worked so hard in my entire life! Not when I was working 40+ hours a week or going to graduate school or going to school or doing internships or whatever! I feel like I get out of bed every morning and I'm running until I lay down at night...and even then I find myself sometimes getting up (depending on who let M. watch Scooby Doo or if J. got his hands on a glass of water before bed!) Sometimes I feel like all I do is feed, wipe bums, clean, do dishes, do laundry, clean some more, get more snacks, and I HAVE to be sure to wear a different outfit each day or it starts to all feel like the same day. And then you get up the next day and do it all over again. And yet in all the mundane and nitty-gritty, there is something magical. There must be...because I keep doing it. There is something deep down inside of me that tells me I'm part of something really amazing, something really fantastic. There is something that tells me to keep having faith and trusting in the promises I see in my 3 little people and the blessings of the Lord. Something propels me to do one more load of laundry, clean one more bathroom, and read "Knufflebunny" to M. one more time. And sometimes at night when it is very quiet and everyone is asleep, I lay awake and panic because time moves so quickly and my little children are growing up and every day that passes is one less day with their chubby cheeks and adoring kisses and funny comments. Every night represents one less day with my 3 children around me where I know they are safe and I know what they are doing and I don't have to worry about things out there that don't have their best interest at heart. Being a mother is a tough job...whether it is hating the housework or loving your children so much it hurts. I am grateful for this job that is teaching me so much about myself and others. I still have quite a ways to go before "retirement"...what a journey it is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
OH my gosh- what gorgeous pictures!!! They are very worthy of you just staring at them in awe. :) From reading your blogs, and from knowing you as a person, it sounds like you mother them with a lot of JOY. That's what I think needs to rub off on me a little, as a stay home mom.
Teary...
I hope you got my e-mail, and I hope you will submit this body of work.
I wish I could feel the "magic" like you do every day. I really do admire that about you. And yes, your kids are darn cute! How can I order my little girl to have fluffy blond curls like H's?
They are adorable!! and your hair, yes! I miss being there with you guys.
Thanks for this post Amy. What a great reminder of how lucky we are to be at home with our kids. It is amazing, but sometimes we forget to find what is so wonderful about it. Your children are adorable.
I am totally with you! There is nothing more rewarding! I LOVE being home with my kids. I would not want anyone else to raise them but me!
Luckily I have a husband that takes me out of the insanity once in a while!
Amen to all said. Such adorable kiddies-- I wish we were a little closer in distance to you guys. Just how I feel-- some days are VERY long, but the time just goes by too fast.
Post a Comment