Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fast Forward

One night M. decided to see what it was like to come home from work like Dad. He put on Dad's coat, the glasses, the shoes and headed out to the car on the driveway. I watched from the window as he played out the whole scenario from car to front door where he then entered with a "Hi honey, I'm home" which I'm not sure in 8 years of marriage Chris has ever come in and said. And then he stood there and waited. I said, "Matt, what are you waiting for?" and he said, "Some cookies" and I laughed and wondered what little fantasy land he has been living in. But there is no one who seizes a moment better then my 4-year old. Every day is truly filled with a plethera of adventures just waiting to happen.

Today he and Jake and Hannah were Ninja Turtles with plastic forks as their weapons and some pretty strange ninja moves.

Tonight they were "Puss in Boots" fighting with plastic swords in snow boots and singing "I'm holding out for a hero til' the end of the night" at the top of their lungs. Some days they are whatever they find at the bottom of the costume barrel.

Sunday I was Cinderella in a retelling of the classic fairy tale with Chris as the "godfather", Jake as the king, and Matthew as the prince...I don't write the stories, I just get told what to do. I wore a pink flamingo hat to the ball and apparently I was a hit because the prince jumped back on his hobby horse and said he was riding away to the castle to get some stuff for the wedding. After about 5 minutes of waiting, I asked if he was done and he said, "Mom, just be patient. Cinderella's house is really far away from the castle." I laid on the couch and had a little shut-eye.

Last night Matt was in charge of the activity for Family Home Evening and he had us all go down to the basement to be Ninja Turtles and fight out a great battle. I got a green light saber, the pink flamingo hat, and tried some pretty crazy martial arts moves. I didn't win the battle but I sure got an adrenaline rush.

Wanna come over and play some time?

5 comments:

Emma Jo said...

yes, please.

Abby said...

I love your family!

Suzie Petunia said...

Wow! He looks so much like his dad!

Lisa M. said...

I'll be right over. I ahve a yellow light saber, and a cowboy hat.

Will that work?

Oscarson Photography said...

i wanna play..... when can you come over???