Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Gotta Get Me Some

OK, so I'm obsessed with a couple of new things. Just want to see if there are any other "crazies" out there that can relate. Here is the list:



1) Wicked. Can't get enough of the CD. My children actually BEGGED in the car for something new but I told them until they had the lyrics memorized the CD wasn't going anywhere. Love tracks 11 and 18. You realize you can just about watch the entire Broadway show on YouTube? They are illegally taped making them a little grainy and jerky but for a poor Utah girl, I'll take what I can get. (Is some secret government agent going to show up on my door step and arrest me for admitting I'm watching bootlegged copies of Broadway shows??)

2) Fabulous dresses. The kind that make you swoon. Go check them out and then tell me which one is your favorite. I love them all...but this "Summer in Nice" I feel a strong connection with.
Shabby Apple



3) I found a place that has made me actually want to buy a new swim suit! Really. And I don't say that lightly. I'm not a girl that looks forward to seeing all her nakedness on display for the public but I could look forward to it a little more if I had me one of these fabulous suits...Cute Suits

4)
Need I say more? Her third book "Eclipse" is being released August 7th and if you absolutely can't wait a second more, then check out her website where the first chapter is posted. Just remember...no one promised Newbury award winning literature in these books. Just a little passion, suspense, intrigue, sexual tension, and living on the edge. I'm thoroughly entertained and that was all I expected. By the way, while I still like Edward, I'm secretly rooting for Jacob. I just think they have more interesting conversations!

5) Pedicures. Everyone needs one. Nothing like fun red toes to make it really feel like summer. Seeing naked toes sticking out of flip-flops looks obscene. Just bite the bullet and do it. If you're like me, getting it done once a year fulfills the need and I'm happy to hang on to whatever red polish is left on my toes for as long as I can.



6) If you’re looking for a convenient, on the go treat, look no further than Ben & Jerry’s single serve cups. With a spoon under the lid and five delicious Ben & Jerry’s flavors to choose from, these 3.6 oz. single serve treats are perfect for any occasion. Available in Cherry Garcia, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Vanilla, and Strawberry Cheesecake. (By the way, I just cut and paste this from their website. It's getting late and I just thought they said it so nicely. If you are having a crisis, don't mess with these single serve things. Go straight for the big container. But if you need a fix without the guilt, eat the whole single serve cup...plus it comes with a spoon UNDER THE LID! I just can't think of 2 men who make it easier and more convenient to be chubby!)

7) I'm reading all the books on the Children's Literature Association of Utah's nominee lists. There are 5 different categories and every time I go to the library, I try and check out one book from each category. THEN...you go return your books to the library and vote on each book. Those votes are what determine next year's winners. Very serious responsibility but FABULOUS books. Loving them all. Get your lists at the CLAU website

I could continue but I'm getting a little drowsy and J. just woke up the whole house with a leg cramp. I feel a little weird stopping on number 7 so I'm going to do one more...but this one is really just a personal one for my cousin MICHAEL STUBBS!

8) Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
It is a book all about the power of poetry! I loved this book and instantly thought of Mike. Jake has been reading it out loud to me and it has provoked some GREAT conversations about what poetry is and what it isn't, what it looks like and sounds like and different ways to write poetry. It's the fictional diary of an elementary school age kid named Jack who is given an assignment and lots of inspiration and encouragement from his teachers and discovers he has lots of interesting things to say. It's a great story! Someone tell Mike.

That's it. I'm beat. I'm off to bed with my red toes, Ben and Jerry's, a great book and visions of sweet dresses dancing in my head!

7 comments:

Laura said...

I got a sneak peek of Shabby Apple's Fall line...WOW!! I know where MY money is going...

Emma Jo said...

I knew I liked you...you must be a sister because I feel deep gratification for all of these things as well. Most definitely a girl after my own heart...love ya like a sis!

Oscarson Photography said...

now i really want to find and read that 'love that dog' book. you made it sound so good!

Abby said...

You make me smile...and laugh. I love your list. I am still obsessed with Wicked and it's been months and months. Going to look at cute websites now, thanks.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i really want to see more dresses, but the link is taking me to blogger sign in! ok just googled it.

And Modbe, can't I just order them online?

Emily's friend with a private blog (you can read it if you want...)

Sadie Lou said...

i think we are twins-
i love and adore the wicked cd and know every word to every song.
i loved twilight, and am reading new moon.
i love to get new clothes but i love to get dressed then i wear them to church and i look so grown up and sophisticated and i get lots of commplements.
i love ice cream any kind, i love to eat when i watcha movie late at night. i am a late person who loves movies:)

mo said...

I read "Love that dog" towards the end of my adolescent lit class when I still needed to read about 5 books in a week because it was short. Loved it! Both for its length and content. What did I learn? Just because it's short doesn't mean it's not good! Don't you just love a college education! I may just have to stop and pick up a copy of Meyers new book today...I'll stack it on top of my yet unread Harry Potter book as incentive to keep going with my research papers due on Monday. The end is in sight!