It was a snowy, cold day in the city. I was feeling glum, a little down. So I headed to my favorite bakery, The Pretty Butterfly, to pick up a warm chocolate cupcake with triangle sprinkles.
HB...owner of The Pretty Butterfly Bakery.
Love in the shape of a chocolate plastic cupcake with triangle sprinkles.
As I walked in the door, my eyes were instantly drawn to him. He was lounging at a table with those amazing blue eyes, eyes that locked on mine instantly and found their way into my soul. Blue eyes, happy eyes, warm eyes. I was lost. I stumbled, I was awkward, I couldn't find any words. And then he smiled and I was found.
"Do you come here often?" I asked.
"Sorry, I'm with someone," he replied and for the first time I noticed "her" sitting across the table from him. She had long dark hair and was wearing exotic silk. She was tiny and petite and eating chocolate cupcakes and drinking hot chocolate with MY pair of blue, happy eyes.

I felt defeated. I felt cheated. I watched him toss his head back and laugh at something she said.
I was frozen. My heart momentarily died and then was relit by a surge of passion and longing that had been dormant in the winter of my heart for too long. "He is mine," I shouted with all the energy of my soul. I turned over the table and grabbed her long black ponytail. She wasn't a match for me. I was taller, stronger, and lift weights at the rec center twice a week. She crumbled under my touch and begged for mercy. He raised his eyebrows and asked what I was doing later. It was over before it really began. And those warm, blue, happy eyes and I left out into the glorious winter day together. Suddenly, it wasn't so cold...except for the crumbled doll I left on the floor behind.

But hey, all is fair in love and war.
And we all lived happily ever after on a slow Saturday morning.
The End.

14 comments:
So let me get this straight...you caught your husband sharing plastic cupcakes with a Mulan barbie and you flattened her? You're a more forgiving woman than I would be.
Sounds like a more adventuous Saturday morning than I had. Of course I am still relishing the fact that I can actually sleep in if I want...no children to wake me, no paper route...ahhhh yeah it feels real good. Does this mean I am old?
You're so funny...hee hee! You make me laugh.
And I'm glad your kicked HER tail.
Such drama at the Pretty Butterfly! Way to get/keep the guy :) Let it be known...you are not to be messed with!!! Cute story - soundslike you guys have some good fun over there!
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!
Your creativity knows no bounds.
And I'm glad you won.
That sounds a lot more exciting than my Saturday morning. I might have fought her over the chocolate cupcakes, let alone Mr. Blue Eyes.
Way to kick her trash. She may have hard thighs that never jiggle and perfectly sculpted breasts.. but can she write an entertaining blog entry? I think not. Nice choice happy blue eyes.
You are truly hilarious. So maybe Spencer stole all of the concentration camp-skinny genes but you have definitely cornered the market on creative writing, entertaining, making people laugh...oh, and boobs. Thanks a lot.
That was just way too funny-- thanks for the laugh!! Does the Pretty Butterfly have delivery service up to Logan area? I think she should open a chain. I am craving some cupcakes with triangle sprinkles...must have triangles. (And plastic is okay, I'm fine with that.)
I just noticed how many goodies that Mulan girl ordered. I really don't like her-- skinny AND she can pack in the sweets.
I have to confess... I have a thing for memorizing license plates.. as we approached this white van last night near BYU Campus with license plate ### MZT.. I blurted out, "That's Chris and Amy" and as usual my husband just rolled his eyes.. Well, was I right or what.. I have to admit though I did look to see if Chris had his little Teacup in hand... Wheew, he didn't!!!
Thank you for the romance! I don't think I've read anything yet that can top this bit of creative writting! I especially like the photos, picture books are my favorite. You are too clever for words, I love being your friend!!!!
this is the best story ever. and it got me thinking - i have one of those cupcake bakeries nearby me, maybe i need to keep an eye out next time i eat there.
"That was the funniest thing I've read in a long time."
--Abby of Las Vegas, NV
"I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats."
--SNL
"I'm hungry."
--Stella
Post a Comment