
Today my father has a birthday. Is it possible to rewind the film of life and imagine for one horrible second what this world would be like without him? How the lives of his parents and siblings would be different? How my mother's life would be different? How me and my siblings and our families would cease to exist? How the lives of all the people he has touched would be changed? The individuals he served as a full-time missionary, mission president, seminary teacher, bishop, stake president, home teacher, young men's leader, etc? This world would be a completely different place...and all because of one man.
One man.

I don't doubt the difference one individual can make because I have my father and I've seen how he has spent his life quietly changing all the corners he has been in. He is a servant of the Lord and his family. With all the other experiences of life, these are the two priorities I have seen him give his heart and soul to. Words cannot begin to express the love and gratitude I feel for my father. He is my hero. He is my friend. He is my dad. I am so blessed.
I love you Papa! Happy birthday!

11 comments:
Amen to all that. Happy Birthday Paul
Yeah, he's a keeper, that's for sure.
Amy, Thank you for thinking of me. We have been so blessed in so many ways, not the least of which is feeling the love of our children. You have been a great "first child". Thank you for the example you've set and all those times you kept everyone else so well occupied down in the playroom! Love you!!
I completely agree-- he is a fantastic man! Happy B-day Uncle Paul:)
Indeed.
Happy Birthday Uncle Paul!
Beautiful tribute! Ditto!
Life without Dad? I think my heart just stopped for a second. What a terrible thought!
I say "AMEN" to everything you said! I love you, Dad!
What a special tribute. You're right, in his own quiet way, he makes such an impression...he certainly did in my life.
And, PLEASE share your story. I would LOVE LOVE to read about you and your husband! Thanks for all your sweet comments and encouragement. Love you Amy!
First off.. love that man.
Next.. I tried to leave a comment for your cute jc on his blog but it said I can't cause I'm not a team member! So here it is..
pass it on!!
Hey JC! My name is Katy and I'm your Moms FAVORITE cousin!! (Right Amy??) Thank you for inviting me to your blog-- I think it's so great you are doing this. You will look back and be so glad you have this to read (and unlike our old-fashioned hand-written journals.. you can spell-check!) About the water.. you'll be just fine. I know because you have it in your genes to be a skilled little fish like your Mom. One of my strongest memories growing up is that your Mom did swim team.. and I thought that was really amazing.. cause for one: I could never get up that early.. and for two: I could never swim that long! So I'm sure you're doing great. Welcome to the world of blogging! I think you'll like it here!
Great tribute.
Post a Comment