I was 28 years old...the groom was 32. And I would just to like to bear testimony to the following truth...
Good things come to those that wait.
So began our big adventure on July 16, 1999 as we stood hand in hand at the House of Lord and felt that we could conquer anything. It was the beginning of a new journey, a new phase of life. And it was amazing. (I haven't even mentioned the absolutely fabulous rainstorm, the wedding party scramble to shelter in the midst of the downpour, the beautiful cake, wonderful people who braved the elements to celebrate with us, or the wedding planner that provoked my father. There were bubbles and a magical carriage ride and my father following the carriage and honking right when things were getting frisky to give us the keys we had forgotten. It terrified Chris. He kept his hands to himself for a little while after that!) Was that too much information? It really was a funny moment!

And here we are. We just get better with time. I'm more in love with him today than I was 10 years ago. I don't fit in my wedding dress anymore, I'm a little lumpy where I used to be smooth, and I still can't control myself at Target but we have such an amazing life! We have 3 fantastic children! They are such a great blend of the 2 of us. I am constantly amazed by the characteristics they possess and the joy they bring into my life!
We live in a great house in a beautiful neighborhood with kind, generous, compassionate friends and neighbors. We have family...lots of grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins around us that we associate with and love and that are helping us to raise our family by loving and adoring and mentoring our kids in such tender, important ways. Chris has a job that he loves and is so good at. He is able to use his skills and touch so many lives in a meaningful way. I am able to spend little bits of time doing things I love and have discovered so many new interests and passions in the last 10 years. I couldn't have imagined where we would be or what would be happening but I am overwhelmed as I look around me and contemplate the joy. I feel so blessed.
And so today I celebrate my husband and my children and the eternal blessings of the gospel. I am so excited to go see the new Harry Potter movie tonight and hold his hand and share our candy. I'm so excited that tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day after that, I get to wake up next to my own Prince Charming. Our life together has been such a grand adventure...I can't wait for the next 10 years.Happy Anniversary my wonderful Chris! I love you.
9 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! What a wonderful memory that was! And I especially love the part about Dad following your getaway carriage. I am waiting for just the right moment to call you this evening.
That made me very, very, happy.
Happy, happy, happy anniversary!!! You are both such a great example of what marriage is meant to be. Hope the next ten are just as much fun!!
So cute! Congrats! Love the story of your Dad chasing the carriage..so funny!
I remember that day and how beautiful you were! I love you guys and I thought of you on the 16th! Congrats.
In a world of throw-away marriages, it is so nice to know there are marriages and families like yours, too. You two are made for each other and are doing such a great job of raising three wonderful children. We are grateful for your family and love you all! Happy 10th!
Happy Anniversary many times over. You are the best
Beautifully said. Happy 10th anniversary. The imagery of your Dad following behind your romantic carriage ride made me giggle right out loud. I love hearing about your happy marriage, family, and life. It just does my heart good. Here's to many, many more anniversaries...
(by the way, how was the new Harry Potter movie? I'm dying to see it).
I am a little late---HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I remember your reception-- that was a great place to have it even though it rained! You guys have such a great family-- your kids are so adorable. What a perfect match:)!!
Post a Comment