Friday, November 20, 2009

Alive

Just a little note to say we are all alive and well...just very computerless. Our archaic, dark ages computers have all died. I can't say it was unexpected...they made it far longer than I thought they would. Chris has a laptop he brings home from work but he is usually very busy on it in the evenings. I did discover that if you happen to wake up at 4:00 a.m. in the morning because your daughter has had a bad dream, then the computer is available. I've been out here catching up on emails, Christmas shopping, Scholastic Warehouse sales and such. This little jaunt on the computer is definitely going to catch up with me today...let's hope it isn't during the preschool field trip or 1st grade massive projects on Ancient Egypt or date night with hubby.

Yeah, this might be a long day.

But all is well in our little corner of the world. We are busy as always. At the beginning of the school year I vowed that this would be a stream-lined, slower paced year. And then I spent the first 2 weeks after the kids went back to school crying on the phone to my husband every day because I was lonely and bored. I guess I thrive a little on the busy. I like having places to go and things to think about and projects to work on. For me, it is a matter of finding the right balance. I'm not very good at that but I do love what I am doing. I love being at the kid's school, I love planning projects and activities for their classes, I love being in the Young Women's program at church, I love playing with HB and having adventures. I'm trying to find more time to read and take naps during the day. I've been getting up at 6:00 a.m. to work out. I'm up to 4.3 miles on my running days. Too bad I still love food. I love hanging out with friends and discovering new places to get fabulous cupcakes. I still love Target. I still hate cooking dinner and cleaning the house but I'm learning to suck it up and do what needs to be done. I've discovered a passion for making pendants. Can't get enough of it...a 10-minute project from start to finish that turns out so very cute every time with very little effort. I'll post pictures when it isn't 5:44 a.m. in the morning.

If I go to bed, I can get one more hour of sleep. Or I could finish reading my book. Or I could look up "Madrid, Spain" and dream about the fabulous adventures Emily and Spencer are going to have. At 5:45 a.m. the possibilities are endless.

Good morning!

9 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

You're up so early due to that healthy food you ate last night... Your body is so not ready for that... We better hit Maggie Moos soon :-)

michaelstubbs said...

Did you sign up for the AF turkey run yet? We did. We'd love to run with you.

Personally, I can't wait until all of my kids are in school because then I can go rock climbing during the day or I can start hiking again.

Jessica said...

Okay, now I have more questions! Must see pictures of the pendants. I need something crafty. Spain?? Why are they going to spain? Jealous! And, I have come to love early mornings. They are SO peaceful and quiet. The quiet before the storm!

Gentri said...

I know what you mean about struggling with the balance. I crave having some time to work on my projects or on my house and when I have time to do so I don't really enjoy it that much. If you find a way around that you better let me know and I really want to see some of these pendants. I love a short project!

Julie said...

Pendats? Spain? Catch us up:)!! I am so impressed you are at 4.3 miles-- awesome! I wish I could walk up the stairs without panting right now!! I don't think that will even happen AFTER I have the baby-- not for a long while!

Suzie Petunia said...

I know exactly what you need! You need a netbook like mine. I LOVE it. You can get one for around $200 on Black Friday! Maybe you should tell Santa Claus.

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, and I am very proud of your running habit! And jealous. I can only waddle right now. And not very fast. And it hurts.

mo said...

You should have asked me, I have known you were a "need to be busy junkie" from way back! I am lucky enough to be the recipient of one of her pendants. Tres tres chic! I may need another one that is not Halloweeny now. Whenever you want. No hurry! How about a temple themed one? I think Sarah is right...a netbook for Christmas, definately.

Emma Jo said...

Broken computers make me very grumpy, so does the thought of running anywhere for any distance..but I am so impressed about all of it, the running, the up early, etc etc.