Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Own Little Singing Bush

Those of you who know my daughter know that she likes to sing and talk to herself. It is a gift...she can do it for hours...as evidenced on the 9 hours bus ride we took last Sunday where she sang for 7.5 of the hours and slept for the other 1.5. Now she has done this for years...we call it "going to her happy place". She is a complete, compact self-entertaining unit and our ears have learned to tune it in or out as we need. But put her in a car with someone new, and you come to appreciate it all over again. My mother found the perfect description for her and we have lovingly embraced it...she is a singing bush.

Exhibit A: The Singing Bush



OK, and since we are already here, please enjoy one of my favorite movie clips of all time.

5 comments:

Emma Jo said...

I think it's time to sit and watch this whole movie with my kids. I love the singing bush...can we come play with her? My girls are going to love and adore her (as well as your boys.) I cannot wait to watch my girls fold her into one of their own.
Hopefully watching the movies my girls will remain as naive as I was...I mean, it was many years before I ever "got" the mail plane joke.

katyvee said...

Sophie,also.. cannot help herself but to sing-song her way through life. The only tragedy in it, is that she seems to have gotten her mothers skill in the area. Can you say, "tone-deaf?"

Julie said...

I'd have to say that is one of my favorite clips of all time, too.

Did you say 'a plethora'?

Leese said...

oh i absolutely love that movie! forgot just how hilarious it was..."You killed the invisible swordsman!" ok, we really need to live closer together because now i want to pop up a batch of corn and watch old movies with you! how about Ishtar? haha! better yet, Some Kind of Wonderful!

M-L said...

I loved that about your sweet little girl. It does not matter what is going on she has her way to make it all hers and nice with music and play.