Today. How many todays have gone by in my life so far? Sometimes our "todays" can seem so ordinary. And then we have a today, that for no apparent reason, is extraordinary. Is it my attitude? Is it how I choose to see my opportunities? Is it the spirit that I choose to live with? Yes. To all the questions. Oh, if I could learn to make every "today" like today.
Today...my daughter made her very own paper dolls out of notebook paper, markers and scissors. And we sat on the floor in a patch of sunlight and played. I marvelled at how creative and smart she is. I want to be just like her someday.
Today...HB and I went back to bed after the boys left for school this morning and slept for an extra hour.
Today...I swept and mopped my kitchen floor. It only stayed clean for an hour but it was so shiny...and I felt proud that I had made the floor look so beautiful.
Today...my 10 year old son and his best friend packed a picnic "snack" and we all went to the park and sat on a blanket and ate delicious, random food.
Today...it was warm with a gentle breeze and I sat in the sunshine for a long time.
Today...I rode my pink Schwinn bike all over the neighborhood. I love my bike. I love riding my bike. It makes me happy, happy, happy.
Today...I took a nap on a blanket in the park. The sun was warm on my back and my children and their friends were all playing on the playset next to me. It was wonderful to nap to the sounds of their laughter and playing.
Today...I went to Young Women's and loved the girls I work with. I love their laughter, I love their stories, I love the phone that gets passed around with the picture of the boy that just asked one of them to prom. I love that they are so good and fun and kind and wonderful! They make me so happy.
Today...I celebrated some of my dear friends and the big events happening in their lives. It is a miracle to dream and hope and wish for something and then find your wildest dreams coming true.
Today...I dreamed some big dreams for myself.
Today...I felt so grateful for my children. I felt so grateful for the years I've been married to my husband. I felt so grateful to be a wife and mother with the time to be at home.
Today...I felt grateful for time. Time to learn, time to grow, time to reflect. This time in my life is so amazing. I could never have imagined a life like this for myself.
Today...was so sweet.
7 comments:
I want a "today" today! Somehow it seems like warm weather and sun need to be present for that to happen. If I concentrate really hard maybe it will....or maybe I will just curl up in the patch of sunlight on my bedroom floor like a cat and read a book with Hazey.
Yeah, I'm trying to soak up the descriptions of sitting on the grass in the sunlight, too. I am wondering if there really is grass under all our snow? Really? But you reminded me that our skies were blue today and it was light at 6 am today, and I got to be in the temple with some really wonderful people today. It is good to stop and be grateful for the good we have. Thanks for the reminder.
I think spring is in the air and you are choosing to make time to enjoy it! Hoping your tomorrow is as sweet as today.
Today.... I ironed.
I'm gonna shoot for a better tomorrow!
Sounds like Spring all over.
Thank you for your sweet gift I got in the mail. I love you!
Oh what peace it brings to feel all content with yourself and your life. I think I need to work a little harder on my own attitude some days. Little blessings really are everywhere if we would only look! Thanks for the reminder.
LIKE, LIKE, LIKE!
Post a Comment