Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Still a Small World After All...Part 2

The crash in the kitchen was a combination of chair & plastic cups. No children or dishware were injured although there was a tiny bit of scolding...and maybe a little timeout. But why dwell...

PART 2 of the Vacation of Wild Abandon

We went to Disneyland. (Cue music...) We spent 3 days in the "happiest place on earth...if you are younger than 12 years old and don't mind the heat and crowds and price gouging". Don't get me wrong...I totally get why people love Disneyland...but I also realized that in my more "mature" years, it is not my ideal vacation. Give me a beach, some chips & salsa, and a comfy chair and I'm  happy. But I'm getting ahead of myself...Disneyland.



Finding Nemo submarines...pretty cool. And the kids kept talking about cool Uncle Clark and how he got to ride submarines just like they were...I'm sure they are exactly alike!!!

To infinity...and beyond!

"Off With Your Head"...ah, the good ole' days!

Looking at the fast rides...

One of my favorite shows...Bug's Life complete with 3D glasses, a bee sting in the middle of the show, and slimy things.

Cute kids hanging out in New Orleans square.

When you wish upon a star...

Tinkerbell and another fairy...I can't remember her name. I feel so ashamed.

California Adventure...I love this park...my children just wanted to hang out with Pirates and  Indiana Jones in Disneyland.

Waiting for the bumper cars...my kids are maniac drivers. We may make them wait until they are 25 years old to operate any machinery.

Zip lines...at California Adventure. There is no end  to the kind of fun you can find!


It was in the 90's the 3 days we were there! So hot for Anaheim...we took advantage of every splash pad and mist sprayer we could find.

I love Disneyland at night when it is twilight and all the lights come on.

It really does look magical.

Manuvering the crowds...
Trying so hard not to throw up on the teacups...although I'm sure I wouldn't have been the first.

Meeting the mouse!

And his charming girlfriends...I tried to ask her how things were going with her and Mickey and what was his deal with getting married and commitment...but she was mum on the subject. Matter of fact, I don't think she said anything. Poor mute.

I don't care how long I live or how old I get...this will always be the most frightening bad man in the whole world. I love the Jedi Academy show...but it still scares the bee-jeebies out of me with Darth Vader shows up in person.

This is my second favorite bad man. And children FIGHT these 2 with plastic light sabers.

When the music starts pumping, my children start dancing...no matter where  we are...or who is watching...or what outdoor restaurant you are sitting at.




Autotopia...more scary driving.

I love going anywhere with my family. I don't like $5.00 corn dogs or $5.00 tiny bowls of frozen yogurt but I'm learning to deal with it. It was a jam packed, action filled 3 days and we played hard. The boys LOVED Space Mountain...I think they rode it at least half a dozen times. HB and I hung out in Fantasyland alot...we loved the princesses and more "gentle" rides.

And so ends "Part 2" of the adventures...we have one more part to go. Stay tuned.

P.S. The video right after this post was shot at Disneyland where my children broke into spontaneous, unrehearsed dance routines in the middle of dinner one night.

2 comments:

mo said...

It really is all magic. We just may have to make a trip with your family some time. And hey, those prices are nothing compared to what it costs in Norway. It's all relative, my friend.

Emma Jo said...

It's Tinkerbell and Vidia, Amy. How could you possibly forget? I shouldn't look at this with all my little ones perched behind my shoulders...now I am going to hear nothing but "I want to go to Disneyland" again and again and again and again (you get the idea.)