Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Dude
My boy endured the swim lessons I made him take at the beginning of the summer...so he got to choose one thing HE wanted to do this summer. As we were perusing our choices at the rec center, we came across this little gem...how about a skateboard camp at the local skating park? That was a no brainer...a helmet and some protective pads later, we were in business. And what incredibly fun business it was!
MC doesn't make a move without his best buddy JF. They are 2 very similar little peas in a pod. These 2 tackle any physical activity with more gusto than I've ever seen. And they both somehow to seem to master any new physical challenge in about .2 seconds. Skateboarding was no exception. They had my heart pounding pretty good by the end of the first day.
Loved the instructor with his long curly wild hair, tatoos and new variations on how to say the word "dude". He was a great instructor and the boys learned alot. Most important, they had FUN! Summer is all about fun...
MC is in the red shirt...showing off his moves.
MC is so much fun! He is always willing to try something new...especially if it involves wheels, speed, and his best friend. It was such a great experience to try something new this summer! And now we know what to do at that really fun local skate park. Dude...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Seriously fun, and adorable in a very tough young man sort of way.
That is adorable! He looks very cool and hip!
I wonder how you say Dude in Swedish? He is a very cool one, however you say it!
That's great. I taught myself how to do a passable ride down the sidewalk on a skateboard this summer on my own. I didn't know skateboard camp existed.
FUN! My boys would love that! What a great idea, mom. You rock, dude.
Oh, I LOVE it! Thank goodness they have skateboard lessons these days. I think it is a worthwhile activity for a young man. I am looking forward to MC teaching our little OK some moves someday! I hope MC is ready for a skateboarding recital for his Auntie when I get home!
Post a Comment