Monday, November 22, 2004

Here I Am.

Here I am...a little hesitant about this whole experience but willing to fling some portion of myself out there and see what raw thing comes back at me. When my sister mentioned "blogspot" today, I thought she was talking about a disease somebody had. Was a blogspot a mole? A freckle? A secret diseased spot that oozed but was never talked about? It sounds like I am trying to be philosophical and really I'm just being very literal. My 2 year old has random pustules on his leg right now that the doctor says are benign little viral things but I have to admit they are a strange source of living wonder to me...hence, the blogspot being a skin related condition...I'm rambling.

Today my boys and I had a hot dog and tater tots from Sonic for lunch. I ate my tater tots and developed such a startling "on the spot" addiction for more that I was a little stunned. My 3 year old willing shared some of his and then I have to admit driving around just a little bit extra because I knew it would put my 2 year old to sleep so I could have his (he and I come very directly from the same gene pool that says you don't share something that is salted and deep fried). I still didn't feel quite satisfied but I had run out of options and exceeded my monthly caloric and fat intake. I've had them on my mind all day. Did I mention I'm 37 weeks pregnant? Which I'm certain brings up the issue with more than one well-meaning blog reader as to what a sane person is doing with a 3 year old, 2 year old, and newborn!? What can I say? I'm addicted to procreating. It's a hobby. And sanity doesn't run in my family.

How do you know when to stop yourself on these things? I could go on forever except that 2 out of the 4 family members in this house are in hysterics, one is definitely carrying around something fatal in his diaper, and the ideal bedtime passed us by at least 45 minutes ago.

So let the raw flinging into the void begin...

2 comments:

Carrie Ann said...

What a perfect metaphore for your blogging... tater tots! People will be demanding, nay, craving your taters... Is it way immature to quote a movie here?

Thug: "Hey, Napoleon...give me some of your tots."
Napoleon: "No way, man, go get your own."
[Tater tots are crushed by Thug]
Napoleon: "Gross!"

Bring on the tots... you were made for this!

kacy faulconer said...

Today I had the fish at Arctic Circle. It is tres good. Try it. I had fish because my sister told me about Fast Food Nation and because I heard the guy from Supersize Me on NPR. Fish is health food, right? I think tater tots are too. At any rate, I am glad you are here.