Monday, May 09, 2005

The Repentant Blogger

I just went to post my last blog and realized it has been over a MONTH since I last posted. Good heavens. I had a few lessons I needed to learn this last month and have been busy messing up, repenting, messing up some more, repenting, and then trying really hard to learn my lessons. Here is what I have been trying to learn and why I haven't been blogging.

1) Despite the passage of years, I still hate science. I understand it better now but the bottom line is that it really just isn't all that interesting to me.

2) People with cracked heels and a lousy sense of balance should just save their money and not buy high heeled shoes.

3) Be leary of pedicures given in shady nail shops in Murray, Utah. And if you choose not to heed that advice, at least take ALL your prescribed antibiotics and don't assume that just because the infected sores have gone away, that the staff infection is all cleared up.

4) When your child wakes up in the middle of the night with a bloody nose, don't let him wipe it on the furniture in the family room before getting him a piece of toliet paper.

5) It is OK to say "no" to babysitting other people's kids...even if you have to lie about it.

6) It is OK to let a child that is not your own sit in a poopy diaper. When you have enough poop in your life, you don't need to take on someone else's.

7) PBS is actually EDUCATIONAL T.V. so don't feel bad if your children need to watch it all day.

8) Stop wishing away my children's childhoods...I'll have plenty of time to get to all the things I want to do someday...although I'm certain when that time comes that I will be sitting in a rocking chair wishing I had all those days with my kids back.

9) Do your visiting teaching.

10) Stop cleaning the house and just get on the floor and play with your kids. Your kids will never ever remember if the dishes were done all the time but I'm convinced they will remember every moment that you put them off because you just had to do one more load of laundry.

Anyway, these are some of the reasons I've been unable to blog for the last month. They all have fairly interesting stories behind them but I'll save those for another blogging day.

2 comments:

Lisa M. said...

It is great to have you back! I will remember to stay away from places in MURRY! YIPES.

We missed you!

mo said...

I think I was in Utah twice during the past month and probably added to your reasons not to blog. Oh well, I would rather distract you in person than read your blogs any old day. Your children are wonderful so you must be doing lots of things right! I'm going to call my VT partner today and get going on it. Thanks for the reminder!