Monday, July 18, 2005

Don't Mess With Me

Last night as we were eating dinner, Chris and I were having a conversation about something Hannah was eating and whether or not 8-month olds should really be eating it. The conversation had gone on for about 2 minutes when Jake turned to Chris and said, "Dad, just leave Mom alone. She knows what she is doing!" It made us laugh so hard.

But there you have it. Don't mess with me. According to my 4-year old...I'm an expert! As I see it, I just won every debate for at least the next 6 months. At what age do they realize you really aren't the expert but are just trying really hard not to cause any permanent damage? Ah, parenting.

7 comments:

Oscarson Photography said...

i think that age is about 16, if you really wanted to know.

Abby said...

Jake makes me laugh. Should we tell them all that on the phone the other day he told me I should go easy on the ice cream because I am getting too big? I love that he loves me enough to be concerned for my health...

Suzie Petunia said...

What do you mean, Spencer? I STILL think Mo is the expert on everything. Isn't she? What? She's not? You have just shattered everything I ever thought was true in life. Thanks a lot.

And Jake is hilarious. That is one cute, intelligent kid you got there!

Lisa M. said...

There is a LOT to be said for the wisdom of youth!

uzuri.afi said...

lol@ that. baby's know best. Women are infact elite. LOL I loved reading your blog. I will be back to do so again.

Carrie Ann said...

Here's the thing... there IS a moment when you realize that parents don't know everything, and then a little while later you realize they do.

Suzie Petunia said...

Does anyone know what happened to Lala's "New Day...New Shoes" blog? *weeping*