A list of favorites:
Color: Red
Smell: Freshly baked cinnamon rolls, the "Sugar Cookie" scented candle, baby shampoo smell in a baby's hair
Article of clothing: my green "hippie" layered skirt
Ice cream flavor: anything without nuts...but with big gooey chunks
Fast food place: Wendy's
Time of day: bedtime
Favorite CD: right now it is "Classic Moments" by Patti LaBelle
Flower: Tulips
TV show: The Amazing Race (Tuesday nights at 8:00 p.m.)
Board game: Life
Book: Peace Like a River (by Leif Enger)
Place to shop: Nordstroms
Vacation spot: Nantucket Island, MA; Venice, Italy
Movie: Cinema Paradiso
Restaurant: Tucanos
Piece of Jewelry: My Wedding Ring
Do you collect anything? I collect tea pots and tea cups
I have so many favorites...this list really reflects the "right now" of the moment. I'll wake up tomorrow morning and it will all have changed. Something I do love consistently is having Hannah fall asleep in my arms every night, kissing Matthew's big, delicious, sweet cheeks every day, listening to Jake tell me funny jokes, and hearing my husband's car pulling into the driveway every night. I love getting phone calls from my family, celebrating Christmas every year, and Halloween. Autumn leaves, BBQ, dates with Chris and sleeping in are also high on the list. Oh, I'm so glad that thinking of favorite things isn't a hard task for me! I get overwhelmed with all the wonderful things I appreciate when I make lists like this. It makes me realize how blessed I am and how much I have to be grateful for!
I got this list from a friend's blog...now it is your turn. What are a few of your favorites?
4 comments:
You forgot "favorite sister: Carrie of the any-time-non-profit babysitting" (that's at least got to put me high on the list, right?)
I love your favorites! Thanks for sharing them!
one of my favs is commenting on sisters blogs, life can seem so simple somtimes!
I love my family!
I also love the color red and chocolate mint brownies with a tall, cold organic milk. I love when James stays awake with me for a bit talking after we go to bed, rather than immediately snoring. I still love when we hear the door and it's Dad home from work (or church, etc.) I love freshly highlighted hair, clean house, and above all my very favorite thing in the whole wide world is a big, dimply, gummy smile from Caleb, as they are still somewhat rare and not always intentional!
Post a Comment