Friday, September 09, 2005

Missing The Extraordinary


costumes01
Originally uploaded by AmyLynn34.
I can't tell you how often I have a day that ends with me telling my husband, "Yeah, nothing real interesting happened today." A couple of days ago I got up, fixed my kids breakfast, did a few dishes, put in a load of laundry and sat down on the couch to catch my breath when I happened to look at my 3 children...really look at my 3 children. Jake was wearing a monkey costume 2 sizes too big, Matthew was wearing a Batman cape and carrying around a Spiderman notebook where he claimed he was taking people's "orders" and Hannah was ever so patiently taking it all in while nibbling on something unidentifiable that one of her brother's had given her. And I have the audacity to say my day was pretty normal?

6 comments:

Abby said...

Could they be any cuter? My teeth actually hurt! (Wait, I do have 4 cavities.) I love that they look slightly solemn and Hannah seems to be waving. Tell Matt I'll have "the lumberjack" please.

Suzie Petunia said...

I do love how Hannah looks like she is waving and taking it all in stride. Like, "Hi, mom. This is me and my normal brothers." Give 'em kisses from me!

mo said...

Wait a minute, I don't get it--isn't what you described normal? The only thing abnormal here the level of cuteness in your children. They are off the chart!

Lisa M. said...

I think we very often miss the extraordinary. How very wise of you to take notice.

Someone once told me, that the real key to happiness is reveling in the small things.

You're very lucky that you do.

(I agree, they are BEAUTIFUL)

Carrie Ann said...

I don't regret giving you the monkey costume one bit...

Suzie Petunia said...

I was just called to be 1st counselor in Primary... we'll probably need to chat soon. :)