I had a fascinating conversation with M. the other day that went something like this:
M: Can I go over to Sister Ruchti's house to play today?
Me: Yes. She said you could come over and play today.
M: Sister Ruchti is the nicest mom.
Me: Yes, she is really nice.
M: And Sister Rose is the nicest mom too.
Me: Yes she is. But M., what about me? I want to be a nicest mom too.
M: You're nice.
Me: But I want to be the NICEST mom.
M: Mom, you have to be nice ALL the time to be that.
Me: Oh.
Nothing like a 4-year old to put you in place.
12 comments:
I love it, and I love your duck racing day--wish we could have joined you...
Just remind the little monkey about the duck racing in the gutter. Did the other "nicest moms" do that with their kids? Huh?
Yes, they do have a way of putting you in place...if that is all M. says about you, you are doing GREAT.
Seth tells me to stop using my mean voice and to treat him with respect...ouch!
You sound like such a fun mom!!! Your 4 year old may think you aren't the nicest, but he would be hard pressed to find a more fun mom. Once again you are an inspiration.
HA- Yup, always !
that kills me!
Read Julie's blog if you need some consoling. Momhood ain't for the timid and insecure...am I right or am I right? I just hope my children never write a book about me.
you have some of the best kid stories. They crack me up...
Oh my! That is toooo funny. I can totally relate to that! My kids would definitely think you are a much nicer mom than me!
Nothing like kids to keep it real! Too funny...
I think you are the nicest Mom...and I'm with Abby, did you remind him about the Fun With Rubber Duckies Day?
I know I am very late in commenting on this post, but each time I look at your blog, I see this exchange with M. and laugh. Laugh with you, that is, being the mother of a 5 year old.
Post a Comment