
Children's Pull
I don't know who took this picture but it occurred during the "children's pull" on trek. I was absolutely overwhelmed as I watched my children push and pull those handcarts up that steep hill all by themselves. I watched them and wept. I cried because they were working so hard and I couldn't help, I cried because they didn't ask for help and wanted to prove they could do it, I cried because I suddenly saw how incredibly tough and determined and strong my children are. I have not looked at them the same since that day. I applaud their stubborness and determination and I feel complete confidence in their ability to move forth in strength and stand as faithful witnesses of the Lord in the coming days. It was a special moment!
6 comments:
There is something so wrong about crying in the middle of the day but thanking for sharing. It sounds like you haven gotten out of it everything that was intended. What a special experience..I am jealous!!
Besides, who doesn't like to be equaled out in figure by everyone wearing frumpy yet oddly fun pioneer skirts and hats?..and s'mores? Were those introduced by the Scottish or Scandinavian immigrants? I forget.
We all need to see that in our children, just to give us the encouragement we need to "just keep swimming" along in this crazy world. Thanks for reminding me they are stronger than we normally give them credit for. Hmmm, I bet we're stronger than we give ourselves credit for, come to think of it! What a beautiful picture. You guys are inspiring. I think quite often how easy our lives are, and not necessarily in a good way. I love that you all did something hard and rewarding together--families that treck together stay together!
The picture and commentary make me want to cry with joy for my incredible, strong, and amazing grandchildren. Very touching.
This one is definitely worth more than just 1,000 words. It says so much!
Love it-- that is an awesome picture:) LOVE IT!!
Amy-- the sweetest part about that pic is that he is looking back at you -- I think you are part of what gives them that strength:)
Post a Comment