

Ah, how much do I love these people? Indescribable. They make me happy in every way that a person can be happy. They make me happy because they make me laugh. They make me happy because we work so hard and sacrifice so much for each other. They make me happy because we have so much fun together! They make me happy because they represent hope and joy and eternal life to me. They are my life and I am so grateful for the privilege of being a wife and mother. They are not responsibilities I take lightly and I recognize what an incredible blessing it is. Each of them represents something so special to me.
My sweet husband. I'm not sure he fully realized what he was taking on when he asked me to marry him but he has never complained or shied away for the tough stuff! He is patient and compassionate and funny and such an amazing husband and father. His sisters (there are 6 of them...and he is somewhat of a middle child) were quick to tell me that they had trained him right and often have pointed out what an incredible man he is since we've been married. He has far surpassed every hope and aspiration! He cleans bathrooms, potty trains children, sweeps kitchen floors, does dishes, makes beds, vacuums, steam cleans, cleans up throw up, changes diapers, and takes care of the yard despite having terrible allergies. He grows us vegetables, pumpkins, and fruit trees every year. He knows how to incorporate zucchini into any recipe and is a great cook. He holds father's interviews each fast Sunday, gives father's blessings, and honors his priesthood with conscious reverence and respect. He has blessed our family with the tradition of family prayer, scripture study, and family home evening. He loves to play with his wife and kids and takes advantage of every minute to do so. I know without a doubt where he heart lies because of the way he treats us and the things he does. I love him deeply and passionately and am so grateful for what he brings to my life! (So...if you're wondering what on earth I could possibly bring to this marriage that he doesn't already do...not much. I can usually beat him at the game Mancala...and I'm good at teaching the kids to read. There...that's something.)

Oh, my boy. He has brought me so much joy since the moment I laid eyes on him. He is a fantastic "oldest" child. He has a great mind and imagination. JC is so curious and has been since he was old enough to recognize the world around him. He asks great questions and is very thoughtful about the things he learns. He was determined to read and understand things from a very young age and continues to love books and reading and history and science. He loves listening to stories and hearing about adventures. JC is always game for an adventure. He loves to "do" things and can frequently be found engaged in an art project, begging for a science experiment, wanting to play the computer, or making up some elaborate game with his brother and sister. He loves to watch movies and eat popcorn. He is a great soccer player and fantastic swimmer and is always willing to try something new. I love his serious nature, his silly side, and his desire to do what is right! He is a joy!

My sweet, happy, funny, adventurous MC! He is adventure and energy and happiness and imagination all rolled into one sweet boy. His big blue eyes and round delicious cheeks have endeared me to him from the beginning. He has no fear! He loves to try new things and scares me to death with how quickly he figures everything out. We can always tell by his squeals of pure adrenaline and excitement when he has found an "extreme" sport to watch on TV. He loves bike rides, bike jumps, climbing trees, skateboarding, hiking, swimming, camping, and playing, playing, playing. He has a great mind and catches on to things very quickly. He is smart and creative in so many ways. He is very observant and extremely sensitive to people and situations around him. He is always concerned about where people are and what is happening. He has an imagination that is bigger and wider than anyone I've ever met. Most of his sentences start with, "Let's pretend that..." and he can engage any child or group of children in a game. He loves to crawl into my lap and snuggle and I cherish every moment that he will let me do that. He is pure happiness!

And last but not least, my HB. Just when I thought I'd been completely consummed with light sabers and Indiana Jones whips and trucks and pirates, here comes a bundle of girly girl that is all pink and bows and girl. She can talk your ear off and loves to be heard! She is so happy and laid back and easy going...but can turn around and be so stubborn and independent. She has such a strong will, independent mind, and determination...all characteristics I admire and respect so deeply. She is confident and happy and excited about everything. She also has a tremendous imagination and is content to sing and talk to herself all day! She is so smart and quick to learn things. She loves her friends and wakes up every single morning asking 2 questions..."What are we going to do today?" and "Who are we going to play with?" I love that she wants to snuggle and cuddle and I love having a best friend that wants to play tea parties and Polly Pockets and the Cinderella jewelry game. But do not be fooled...she is also a genius with a light saber and Indiana Jones whip!
See why they are so amazing?

I have always felt a deep gratitude for my family and tremendous respect for who each of them are individually and what they bring to my life. I recognize how deeply we need each other. Every member brings something to the table that the rest of us needs. I just feel so blessed by them and our life together. It is no small thing to be happy...deeply, eternally, joyfully happy. And I celebrate that. Every day.
17 comments:
such a lovely post! We love your family and playing with your kids. They got the best lighting that day and that shot of HB is gonna make me famous! What a beautiful family!
cute pics! I hope NOW you know what you can bring into your marriage???
Good luck with that my friend!!!
Oh...my...goodness...
How beautiful is your family?!!!!
I am visually stunned...
Wow, Amy the way you write inspires me to be better at describing my feelings. I have such a hard time expressing just what you have expressed. Love your family, love the way you love each other. Cute photos by the way!
Your husband and children are so blessed to have you for their wife and mother! You know them SO well. You recognize their gifts and strengths and are able to encourage the best in them. I wish I were as "good with people" as you are, because it can really bless family life. I love your sweet, beautiful family, too!
And spencer took some amazing pictures, didn't he??
Yes, m'am. Those are some beautiful people, but even if you weren't all gorgeous I would still love you for all the reasons you listed. I love you guys so much! And they really are blessed to have you too. I'm speaking as one of your former children :) (The ones you got to practice on growing up!)
It's easy to see where these cute kids get their great personalities. In describing your children, I think you've just described yourself and all of your wonderful characteristics. Thanks for being a dreamy wife and mother. And thanks, Spencer, for the awesome photos. JC decided to skip school pictures this year because he liked yours better.
PS: we already miss the bear garden; may it rest in peace:(
Touching--I love you all so much!! You are all so darling I dare say it makes my teeth hurt. Miss you guys!!
What a beautiful post. Family truly is one of the most incredible blessings Heavenly Father blessed us with! Glad to call you part of mine.
Great pictures and even better commentary. What a great family!
From the perspective of one of the six sisters, I have to say that when Jim and I got married, we both said that we looked to you guys as role models for us. Jim has always admired Chris and, of course, who wouldn't want to be like you. Do you remember my friend Tisha? She still asks about you and says she thinks you're brilliant.
Cute pictures we enjoy having Jacob in primary with us we learn so much from him
What a beautiful post! I know everyday we're happy and healthy and together is a tremendous blessing. Thanks for giving me something to think about and for the beautiful pictures!!!
Those pictures are amazing. They capture your children perfectly. I think I read that Spencer took them - I'm impressed Spencer!
What an amazing family. We're coming for a week after Christmas - can we visit with you and your amazing family?!
Love, love, love this post! You're family are dear ones all right! Ditto on what ChrisX said about you being represented in every description. It's an honor to know you.
AC,
We need to get our girls together because that is actually exactly how I'd describe my Kate. Let's work on that...you wouldn't think it would be so hard considering I think we live something like 8 houses away from each other! ;)
~Kim
Those are amazing pictures of your family. I love it when a picture can capture the best of someone and give a glimpse at the bright spirit within. You clearly adore your husband and kids, and that is just the beginning of what you bring to your family!
Post a Comment