So HB is sitting in the backseat of the car today with a pad of paper and a pen and I start to hear her sounding out letters. "P-I-G...hey mom, look! I wrote PIG!" Well I turned around to see what was happening and sure enough the little smartie pants was back there sounding out words and writing them in the notebook. I have to admit I was a little surprised. I said, "HB, how did you learn how to do so many smart things?" and without missing a beat she said, "Mom...you taught me how, remember?"
Oh sweet girl...keep believing that!
7 comments:
She is so smart! Smart enough to spell already, and smart enough to realize what an amazing teacher she has for a mom! Seriously, your kids are so lucky.
That is great! I am so not surprised that she is smart, though:)
Is HB in any sort of preschool this year? It's nice to know that those moments of triumph exist.
I believe she learned every bit of her smarty pantsness from you--and her smarty pants brothers (ok and Chris is pretty smart too).
Smart girl to give her mom credit. She knows how to work it.
And do you remember who taught YOU so many things? Hmmmmm....?
Oh that girl! She's just as smart as she is cute! Your blog is great! So fun to keep track of what everyone is doing!
Post a Comment