Where was I?
Ah, yes. Why I love May...we covered warmer weather, tulips and Mother's Day.
Reason #4: The BBQ grill. It makes delcious meats, veggies, grilled pineapple, toasted breads and even yummy pizza. Favorite grill recipe from this week's line-up:Grilled Pizza
Buy pita pockets from the store (don't cut them or anything...you're just going to use them as a yummy pizza crust!) Brush a little olive oil on both sides. Heat the grill to "low" and place the pita bread right on the rack. Let them "brown" for 2-3 minutes, then flip them over. Then add your ingredients...I placed yummy sun-dried tomato pesto, real mozzarella cheese, peppers, and olives on the pizza then closed the grill to let the other side cook and let the ingredients all melt together in cheesy heaven. They are so good. The kids ate them right up and asked for more. Can't beat that!
Reason #5: School is almost out. I have reached my threshold for fixing school lunches, doing homework, running carpool, washing and ironing white shirts for "dress" day, projects, spelling homework, tests, etc. I need a break and I KNOW my sweet children need a break. We are ready to hang out in jammies all morning, eat breakfast at 11:00 a.m., go swimming, go on field trips, play with friends, get out the hose, eat lots of popsicles, and rediscover why we love hanging out together without all the distractions getting in the way. Love my little people!!

And as an added bonus...my husband has a birthday! All the other birthdays in our family are clumped into the fall/winter months so we look forward to having a good reason to eat cake and throw a party in May. Plus we think he is pretty amazing and we love occasions to tell him that!

Happy May! Go eat a popsicle, dust off the plastic swimming pool, and get ready for some fun!
9 comments:
Hey! I just had someone tell me about grilling pizzas but using a flour tortilla for the crust.. but your pitas spound a little more sturdy. (And we are all from Oscarson blood, obviously-- so we appreciate, "sturdy!")Sounds very tasty.. and I second the longing for summer!! I'm worse than the kids. I was secretly hoping swine flu threat would just close us all down and call it a year. But alas.. 3 more weeks. Give me strength. Let's pinky swear we'll get together and eat popsicles soon.
Fer fun! We have quite enjoyed our warmer May days so far. and Happy Birthday to your man!
How have I missed new posts? Oh, it's definitely time to replace the BBQ grill that housed mouse babies last year. I need some of that pizza and most days summer vacations sounds pretty fun. I am mostly looking forward to it.
Oh oh, I think we missed a birthday! We'll have to make it up to him when we get back from DC & CT, but before The MTC & HK. OK? Love the pita recipe. Do you think I can find pitas in China?
My word verification is "wibledam." Isn't that a city in the Netherlands?
We love the pita pizza. Try making Hawaiian pizza or a margarita pizza. They are fantastic on the grill. I, too, love love May. Of course I believe some of the very best people in the world were born in May. It's like this really cool club we belong to... Sing an extra loud version of Happy Birthday so I can hear it clear out here! Enjoy the lovely weather and the last two weeks of school.
I am soooo there on #5! Julia goes to school at 6:40 am! I hate making sandwiches at 6 in the morning! It's wrong!! I'm also very intersted in #4. Must try...
Oooohh, I'm definitely going to try that grilled pizza idea. . . it sounds delicious! And we're new at the BBQ, so we've only done the boring old stand-by's. . .
PS I'm so glad you've found me! It's so fun to catch up again and see what you guys are up to!
This makes me so happy. I love those things too. Thanks for putting them all together in one place for us to see! That lobster is one thing I haven't tried. It looks intimidating.
Any top pics from your new Diana Krall album? I have a few $ on iTunes to play with!
Oh, I can't wait to see you this weekend!
Post a Comment