Today my husband took off work and our children were out of school.
Today we slept in and woke up to the excited giggles of children with no school and a whole beautiful day ahead of them.
Today we all put on our "running" clothes and went out for a run around the neighborhood. HB rode her bike and the boys were so tough and we made it. The air was cool, the neighborhood so quiet. It was still and beautiful.
Today we went and played miniature golf as a family. It was silly and fun and we laughed and cheered our way through the "ghetto" golf course. I won. It made it even sweeter.
Today our family ate Cafe Rio burritos and salads up the canyon at a picnic bench surrounded by beautiful autumn trees and a bubbling river. We played hide n' seek and ate chocolate chip cookies. The sun was warm, the air touched with a tiny bit of autumn chill, and the colors brilliant. How could you not believe in a Supreme Creator as you look at a landscape that fills a soul with so much peace and joy that you can't do anything but stand still and be amazed.
Today my husband and 3 beautiful children held my hands as we walked down a path surrounded by trees of brilliant greens and yellows. We threw the leaves in the air and collected autumn specimens. We played at the base of a waterfall and explored rocks. Shoes got wet, feet were cold, but hearts were happy.
Today we drove up a canyon to a beautiful resort where we stopped for a moment to look again at the mountains and hear the river and smell the air. It heals. Something in me was made whole again today. My little inner teacup was filled to overflowing.
Today we drove through the mountains...in one canyon and out another and we marvelled at where we live and what we have been given.
Today I played a board game with my husband and oldest child. I won...again. Today has definitely been my day. I also beat the whole family at our game of Quaker at dinner. I'm on a lucky streak...
Today my oldest son and husband fixed the whole family a big pot of chili for dinner. It was delicious. Then my husband did the dishes. He is amazing.
Today was perfect. Absolutely perfect. I wouldn't have changed a single thing. I spent a day celebrating the people I love most in the most ordinary ways. And yet today did not feel ordinary. It felt magical and uplifting.
Today I saw beauty in its purest form...beauty created by divinity. Pure, untouched, inspiring, gentle, brilliant, breath taking, awe inspiring. Today I didn't do housework or run carpool or go grocery shoppping.
Today was a miracle.
Thank you.
6 comments:
It sounds like absolute bliss. And I love that sometimes Moms DON'T let their kids win. I especially like the parts about sleeping in and food and adorable children and husbands doing dishes.
So lovely.
:) Lovely day!
Sigh.
That was absolutely lovely.
May you have many more such perfect days in the years to come.
Oh, I'm so glad your teacup was overflowing. The sounds of your magical day made me happy. Hope you have many, many more.
what a perfect day! i just love the beautiful fall colors in the mountains...i can only imagine how breathtaking it was! sure miss that place!
Post a Comment