Never, ever underestimate the power and coolness of a "big" girl cousin to her sweet, adoring "little" girl cousins. It is a magical, wondrous thing to behold!
Uncle Taylor made all of Jake's culinary dreams come true by spending an entire day in the kitchen cooking with him. They prepared a splendid Sunday feast for the family that was amazing.
Jake learned about splicing, dicing, sprinkling, basting, and a whole bunch of words I can't even pronounce. But the result was splendid and delicious!
Aren't they splendid? I adore every one of those beautiful people!
Cousins...the magic of wonderful cousins!
Family always means new adventures. The whining and complaining is all part of the fun...and no one was griping when we reached real waterfall that they got to splash and play in!
Oh, this delicious hunk of adorable baby. My mouth waters and heart beats fast just looking at him!
One of my favorite people in the whole world. Everything is sweeter and brighter and more fun with my HB at my side.
And these boys...handsome, daring, smart, silly, and never boring!
Every girl should have a gaggle of girl cousins to love on!
Oscar receiving uncle guidance on the proper technique for roasting a hot dog!
What is better than a parade? Being IN a parade...and having buckets of candy to throw. It makes you very popular with the parade spectators lining the route!
The kids were invited to participate in the neighboring city's rodeo parade representing the charter school they attend.
They started by throwing candy out...and when that ran out, they resorted to spraying people with squirt bottles. We are very dignified...
OK, so dignified may be pushing it a little bit but you can't dispute that we have the cutest kids in town! Here is one of my favorites...he is loyal and funny and filled with energy and spirit. I LOVE this boy!
One of my darling nieces, whom I shall call "Princess", held a 2 day summer camp for the little girls. My 4 Scharman nieces and 1 daughter signed up immediately and had the time of their lives. Thank you for an unforgettable experience Princess! This was the front door sign that welcomed 5 very excited girls...
The boys held their own "camp" in the study with a computer game.
The Queen Fairy...the first day of camp was "fairy" day.
There were big fairies and small fairies...
The girls made flower crowns, decorated fairy houses, played fairy games, and built a fairy house under the bush in the garden.
The girls ate pretzel fairy wands dipped in "glitter", little cupcakes, and all manner of delicate, delicious treats.
No detail was overlooked...and this was just the first day. It was a splendid, fabulous affair!
I love my family. I realized very early on that I was not capable of raising these children on my own. I feel very strongly that the Lord chose me to be their mother and has blessed me with the ability to succeed in this eternal role and opportunity if I will rely on Him and His spirit. I also firmly believe that He has provided the people and family that will aid, support, love, teach, and help me nurture these amazing spirits. I marvel at the gifts, talents, and strengths that these wonderful people around me possess. It is my job to nurture these relationships and then get out of the way so these aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins can give my children all that they have to offer. I am eternally indebted to them...I am so blessed.
Thank you Taylor for teaching my son to cook...and to find joy in a new skill. Thank you Sarah for being the aunt that will come run with them in the dry, hot Utah air and then celebrate with smoothies afterward for a job well done. Thank you Emily for your sense of humor and enormous sense of fun. Thank you Clark for serving our country and being a hero to my children. Thank you Spencer for singing and playing the guitar and making my children believe in fulfilling dreams. Thank you Sho for your grace and patience and deep love for your nieces and nephews. Thank you Carrie for being the aunt that loves and adores and lets them play inside and outside and all over. Thank you Todd for teaching us the right way to roast hot dogs and always being willing to let these children climb all over you...they adore you. I could go on and on...
Thank you.
13 comments:
It looks like an amazing time! I am so glad you were all able to be together...Minus Chip and their gang, right? It looks like such a happy happy time! And I must admit to getting just a tid bit envious of the Fairy party, and all those cute girls!
My heart is full.
That was so, so good.
Your last ode toyour loved ones made me well up..
(and that adorable shirt on one of, I believe, Emilys girls?? Made me need it immediately for my own daughter. Where do you suppose it's from?? DO tell.)
Girl cousins ARE wonderful!
Happy summer to you dear girl.
Okay, I am officially homesick. Not good.
We've had some great cousin time here in St. Louis the last couple weeks as well with Jake's family. It's great to see these little cousin relationships pick up right where they left off. Glad you had such a fun visit.
Ditto.
We're lucky to love our families! I'll share those nieces with you anytime.
It was great to see you in UT! What a treat - especially since it was unexpected for me. We should not plan another lovely meeting soon!
I'm so sorry we missed seeing you. It looks like you had an incredible time together and that the next generation of cousins is in good hands! Fun, fun, fun!
Amen and amen! I love my family!
I love you and that is really just all I have to say about all that. That, and I am truly lucky beyond all luckiness.
Not only did I miss all the fun, I missed having nice things said about me! (You would have said nice things, right?)
I loved the pics and beautiful descriptions--and sign us up for fairy camp next year, will ya?!
Honestly, is there anything better than cousin/family time? I suggest there is not. We've had several extra doses this year and I love to soak in all the magic! And more to come with a wedding in August (Thomas) and September (Katherine, my niece)
Life is glorious.
I'm grateful for each family member, each new family member brings more magic.
I feel incredibly blessed!
Oh! How so sad that we were gone and not with you all!
Oh Aunt Amy i can wait till there is 5+32= Happy Summer. Thanks for coming to my Camp
Dearest Aunt Amy,
Hopefully you can come see my Blog at lovetopickpears.blogspot.com
I'm going to be doing crafts and just post. I love your blog!
P.s I might be doing another camp next Summer ;)
Love,
Your "princess" niece
Post a Comment