Let's see...where were we...3 very hot days at Disneyland, not throwing up on the teacups, Space Mountain a dozen times, $5.00 cups of frozen yogurt...ah, yes. Thursday night we said farewell to the happiest place on earth and headed for MY happiest place on earth. San Diego.
Oh how I love San Diego. And oh how I love the people that live in San Diego. We spent 2 glorious days hanging out with our family, sitting by the beautiful pool, eating chips and amazing salsa, shopping for bridesmaid dresses online, watching Angeline Jolie keep some serious heiny (movie night), and just loved being with the people we love and adore. The boys and girl were in serious cousin heaven. HB and her darling cousin were attached at the hip...they moved from the pool to the huge jetted tub in the master bathroom, back to the pool, bubbles in the master bath, pool, etc. And at night, all the cousins would fall into an exhausted heap, sleep a few hours, and be up bright and early to start it all over again. MC had a miserable time coming home after our vacation. He was very quiet in the car the whole way home and after arriving home late Sunday night, I walked into his room and found him sitting on his bed. I sat down next to him, put my arm around him, and asked if he was alright. He buried his face on my shoulder and started sobbing. "I miss my cousins. I want to go back to California!" It was so sweet and utterly heartbreaking. I feel so blessed that my children are growing up with aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents that they yearn to spend time with. Those relationships are SO priceless to me...and I know how much those relationships bless their lives now and how enriched their lives will continue to be in the future!
Because I was so relaxed and utterly enjoying paradise, I really didn't pull out my camera. I'm ashamed and embarassed that I don't have ANY pictures of our amazing San Diego family...except the youngest one. I couldn't stop taking pictures of her. We spent an afternoon on the beach...most of the pictures taken in San Diego were taken that day. The only CA natives that would join us were Chris' fabulous brother and picture perfect niece. The others all opted out! And so I present...a slideshow. Enjoy.
![]() |
| This free slideshow design made with Smilebox |

3 comments:
Vacation is always a good idea. Vacation with family is even better. I am so glad you had a wonderful time and now I really need to go the beach. Those pictures are priceless.
Oh I am feeling such happy beachy feelings from watching your family frolic at the beach! I love it! I feel like I have been there with you!
You can't imagine the arguments we have at our house now: "But YOU said we were going to Utah ToMORROW!" "No, honey, next month." "But I CAN'T WAIT that LONG! You SAID TOMORROW!" Then the whole "I know it's hard to wait. think of all the fun we'll have, blah blah blah" But the fact remains that even tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough to see our cousins! We LOVE being with you! We LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment