Today.
Isn't it amazing how one ordinary day can change your world? Can change the pattern of eternity? Today was that day for me.
Today Chris and I were at the hospital with a basket filled with goodies for a courageous, determined, selfless birth mother.
Today I walked in AND out of labor and delivery! When I walked in, I was the mother of 3 beautiful children. When I walked out 3 hours later, I was the mother of 4 beautiful children.
Today my husband became a father again. He is so good at it. This has been a journey that has led us down paths we never could have anticipated travelling. My husband has shown incredible courage and faith, as he always does, in hearing the Lord's voice and doing His will. Sometimes the journey can be so different than you planned...but he has never shunned the difficult. And today he embraced his son with incredible love and tenderness.
Today we met our new son for the very first time. And he took our breath away.
He has a strong spirit...great strength. I could feel it holding him. And I feel honored to be his mother.
Today I joined hands with another mother as she entrusted us with this most precious and dear of all gifts. We are partners. She has done her part and now it is time for me to do mine. Both of us play critical roles in bringing this new baby to the world and making sure he does all he has been sent to do. He has a great work and purpose...I am beyond grateful to be a part of his journey.
Today I marvelled that we have the opportunity to participate in this incredible blessing of adoption. I don't know why we have been blessed with the enormous gift of biological children and adopted children but I feel so blessed.
Adoption allows you to see miracles in how the Lord brings families together. I testify that it is not an accident, that there is purpose and incredible meaning each person's place in this world. Families are a miracle...I knew that before. That testimony was reaffirmed today.
Today my children welcomed a new sibling...and they did it with tremendous love.
Today big brothers became that much bigger and a little sister became a big sister.
Today Grandpa and Grandma Carr welcomed grandchild #26. We aren't helping the imbalance of girls to boys...last count on the Carr side was 8 girls and 18 boys!
Today I sat in the blue armchair in our living room for hours holding this new baby. I stroked his fingers and his soft hair and just felt overwhelmed. It is overwhelming. My emotions are a roller coaster, changing from one moment to the next. But the overwhelming emotion is of wonder and gratitude.
This has truly been a miraculous journey. I want to share that journey...but not tonight. Tonight I want to snuggle with my new baby and 3 "big" kids and marvel at what a miracle today was.
15 comments:
Oh Amy I am so glad you shared this special day. I hope you don't mind that Sarah has been sharing a little of your journey with me. I am so, so happy for you and your family. You described your feelings beautifully. Congrats on this new beginning. He is perfect!
How sweet! Congratulations.
We are so happy for your family. What a joy to welcome a new little babe into your life. When Emily said that you would be adopting, Heb and I were just thrilled for you all.
That's great. congratulations.
Can't wait to meet him! We are so excited for you all. Some take a longer journey to get to their family. Glad he made it! What a blessing
He is so beautiful! I am so happy for your family! can't wait to hear more!
amazing! thank you for sharing your testimony. i can't wait to hear more too!
Wow!! Congratulations! Enjoy every minute of it.
Yea! Yea! Yea! Love the pictures. What must it be like to have a baby without having to recover from "having" a baby. How sweet and tender.
What a sweet post! So happy for the new addition to your family.
That is so wonderful!! I love his name too-- that is one of my favorites, of course! Congratulations-- you are wonderful parents and he is a lucky little guy. I can't wait to meet him!
You have captured the miracle of it all so perfectly with your words, as usual. You have such a gift... so MANY gifts, and just one is that you are an amazing mother. Truly, I look up to you and the incredible things you do, especially as a mom. Your new addition is such a lucky fellow to have you and Chris and fun fun big brothers and a sister! I can't wait to meet him. He is beautiful, Amy!
These are the times when I just want to sit and weep that I am so far from my sisters. I would have sat at your feet for hours watching you hold your baby (and baby have begged every few minutes to hold him myself.) Welcome baby boy Carr, I CANNOT wait to meet you!!!
YAY! Found your blog and I'm so so excited for you guys! I definitely want to hear more details. I'll have to call Carrie this week. I'm so happy for you and I know that you are the family that this baby was meant for. Congratulations!
A blessing there are no words to describe...only intense feelings to feel! Congratulations on your new arrival! There is nothing quite like 'partnering' (so beautifully put!) with a birth mother - and no gift so great. As many times as we tried to adopt I absolutely KNOW that you cannot adopt a child that is not yours...what a blessing all around.
I am incredibly happy for you!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment