Monday, January 30, 2012

Falling in Love

Our family has fallen in love! Can you blame us?

We spend a good portion of our days in this delicious blue armchair. Jacob likes to read him books in the chair...he is working on teaching him his ABC's. You can see how absolutely engrossed Little Man is.

This is what Chris and I spend lots of time doing with the baby in the big, comfy blue armchair. He is very nocturnal...sound asleep during the day and ready to party at night.

We have blankets, pillows, music, diapers, a Kindle Fire, a laptop, assorted books and other entertainment at an arms reach.


This is when our baby became a glow worm for 24 hours. He was still darling but really, really mad. Apparently being laid on a bed of lights is not near as fun as snuggling in the big, blue, comfy armchair.

Matthew also loves holding baby in the chair...loves it! He is our baby magnet...very protective, very sweet, and always willing to hold him, feed him, or cuddle with him. It is very sweet!

This baby HATES having his diaper changed and taking baths. He never cries unless you are inflicting one of those 2 activities on him. And then he goes from 0 to 100 in .2 seconds. (Doesn't that look like a scary math problem?)
This baby eats and poops like a champ! I wouldn't normally be so "graphic" but not all of our children have excelled at those 2 things as newborns. He is exceptionally gifted and talented.

This baby has the most delicious cheeks...and they are irresistable. They get kissed and admired many times every day...especially by his adoring big sister.

He is starting to have lots of "awake" time...we find ourselves hypnotized by those big, chocolate eyes.

He is so delightfully charming...and he doesn't even talk yet! We love those big eyes, beautiful lips, and chubby cheeks with a touch of double chin...perfection.

He will sit and stare into your eyes until you find yourself completely hypnotized and unable to do anything else...like dishes or the laundry!

Yes, we are in love. The best Valentine EVER!

Feel free to come over and sit in the comfy blue armchair and hold this bundle of yummy...especially if you happen to be up at 2:00 a.m.

We are loving our new baby!

8 comments:

jenlivi said...

He is beautiful! Happy times. :)

Emma Jo said...

You're killing me here on the East coast. Need. To. Snuggle..Nephew...

Abby said...

Oh be still my heart. I want him!
And by the way, if eating and pooping like a champ qualifies as gifted and talented, I'm moving to your house where I'll be appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Brings back so many memories with our little ones. Makes me want to cry as I remember those wonderfully blessed days. What a great journey this will be.

Lucky Mommy said...

He is such a miracle and I love seeing how much the older kids love him. How can I get a blue chair stocked like that, without having the newborn???

chellae said...

So cannot wait to meet that sweet baby! I must call to ask you what we can send your way by way of clothing that got handed down from you to us that can make its way back to you for that handsome new son of yours.

Anonymous said...

I may just show up at 2 am :)
He's absolutely delicious!
Congratulations over and over!

Carrie Ann said...

I love to snuggle him! I love to nuzzle his soft head! I love to hold him, let's hang out and swap babies!