Tomorrow will be sweet baby Spencer's 1st birthday! It is so
hard to fathom that a whole year has gone by since our son was born. Oh how I
adore this baby!
I love how his sweet face lights up when I go pick him up in
the morning.
I love his big smile with all those new pearly white teeth.
I love his "cheesy" smile when he smiles so big his eyes close and he
looks like the Cheshire cat.
I love the corkscrew curls on top of his head that no one
can keep their hands off (including strangers at Wal-Mart).
I love his big brown eyes and how he looks for me in a room.
I love that he loves to snuggle and wants nothing more than
to be held and hugged and cuddled.
I love his juicy, delicious thighs and the dimple on his
left cheek, and how he can crawl so fast that it almost looks like his legs
aren't touching the ground.
I love finding him sitting in the dish washer helping his
siblings "unload".
I love that he giggles the whole way home after we have
picked the kids up from school. I love how much his adores his brothers and
sister and I love how tender, gentle, silly, funny and in love they are with
their baby brother.
I love his curiosity and the way he earnestly engages with
the world around him. He is so smart…every day he amazes me with what he can do
and how quickly he learns.
I love that when you ask him what a duck says, he quacks.
I love when he says “da da” or “mama” or “duck” or “dog”. He
really likes dogs.
I love when he stands at the big window in the living room
and intently watches the cars and birds and snow falling outside. He is an
observer.
I love how much he loves to play. He loves peek-a-boo and
hide n’ seek and toys. He loves balls of any sort and can actually throw the
ball back and forth. He has discovered blocks and loves to build towers that he
can then knock down. He loves the Fisher Price pirate ship that shoots a cannon
ball and loves chewing on the parrot piece.
I love that he loves his blankets and always needs one to
snuggle his face into and chew on.
I love that right before he goes to sleep, with his eyes
closed, he will “talk” out loud to himself for a couple of minutes. I can’t
WAIT for him to get a little older so I can understand what he is saying.
I love that he loves the song “Old McDonald” and that it makes
him laugh every time.
I love his passion for "Blue's Clues" and watching it with him on the Kindle snuggled in the red fuzzy blanket. He will sit and say "dog" the entire time. It always make me laugh.
I love that the "Old McDonald" Baby Einstein video on You Tube will always calm him down in the car if he is upset.
I love having him sit in my lap while we read books. He always wants to eat the book and turn the pages.
Our first 3 children are very close together in age. While I
loved having small children, it was also chaotic and busy and I didn’t feel
like I just sat and enjoyed them as much as I wanted/should have. And in a
blink of an eye, they were “big” kids and busy with life. With Spencer…I have
been more content to sit in the blue chair and let the laundry and dishes pile
up. Those things will always be there and always need to be done…but our babies
are only ours for such a short time before we have to share them. The 7 year
gap between #3 and #4 gave me some much needed perspective…and I am so, so
grateful.
We have so much to celebrate tomorrow! Happy Birthday Sweet
Spencer. I love you!
.jpg)
8 comments:
I love him. I love him. I love him.
Wow! 1 year!! He is so adorable:) I really want to meet him in person still.....we need a family reunion this summer!!
Happy Birthday little guy!
So beautiful! I hope you are feeling better!
Happy Birthday. Does this mean that my 2012 child will also soon be one?
I looooove him! I feel so lucky to be near him and actually KNOW him! He is just as darling and fun as you say. He is my buddy!
Always delightful even when he has strep. I'm so glad we got to visit and see each other last week.
Ahh! He is so adorable! I miss playing with him during Relief Society, I'll have to come visit soon! :P
Post a Comment