I was asked to share some ideas at a Relief Society activity for fun ideas or things to see, do, and explore here in Utah during the summer. I am splitting the lists into different categories to try and keep things organized...here is a list of fun places to go experience Utah history! (And please, please feel free to add any I've missed in the comment section! I love hearing others favorite places!)
Cathedral of the Madeleine (SLC)
Fort Buenaventura: History of mountain
men in Utah
Fort Douglas Military Museum (SLC)
Gardner Village (West Jordan)
Temple Square
This is the Place Heritage Park (SLC)
Utah State Capitol (SLC)
Wheeler Historic Farm (SLC)
Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn: This is a fascinating piece of Utah history located in Fairfield, just 22 miles southwest of Lehi on State Route 73. Our family has been out to explore several times and I have even taken a troop of Cub Scouts. There are lots of fun camps and activities going on throughout the summer. Be sure to check out their website. Their camps are amazing and fill up fast!
http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/camp-floyd/
Saltair: Did you know there used to be a HUGE beach resort here in Utah? It is a truly riveting piece of history and a fascinating place to go explore now.
http://www.historytogo.utah.gov/utah_chapters/statehood_and_the_progressive_era/saltair.html
Saltair: Did you know there used to be a HUGE beach resort here in Utah? It is a truly riveting piece of history and a fascinating place to go explore now.
http://www.historytogo.utah.gov/utah_chapters/statehood_and_the_progressive_era/saltair.html
1 comment:
This is awesome! I am always amazed at how many fun things you get out and do with your kids. They are sure lucky to have you as their mom!
Two others we have visited and liked are The Benson Grist Mill out in Granstville, and the American West Heritage Museum up in Logan.(in spring they have baby animal days...so fun)
Antelope Island is also fun. You can drive across the island to the ranch that used to be run there, and see the buffalo herd. Take your bikes and do some fun rides while there!
Post a Comment