I just finished reading one of the best books I have read in a really long time. It was loaned to me by a friend and I have to admit that the beat up cover did not motivate me to pick the book up for several weeks...but once I did, I've truly been engrossed in it for the past few days. The book is called "So Big" by Edna Ferber. It is a very memorable pulitzer prize winning novel from decades ago. The language and writing in the story are exquisite and beautiful. The actual story is engrossing and as you finish the last page, you are left sitting and staring at the book and trying to wrap your mind around the message. I really must insist that every one of you get to the library (or bookstore...go to one with hot chocolate) and get a copy. Now. Why are you still reading? Move. Go.
I'm waiting....
Still waiting...
You guys are stubborn.
4 comments:
So-- I'm curious-- do share what it's about? Our library is seriously lacking- and we're heading into town this weekend- and you've peeked my interest. Always looking for books people recommend. :)
It is funny how you ended this post... especially since I surfed on over to my library's website and requested the book before I even read the ending to your post! I am so obedient... and well-read. OK, I just trust your opinion whole-heartedly. I'm always looking for highly-recommended books. Thanks!
OK I have written it down. Along with all the picture books. You are so good
I want to open a book store that also sells hot chocolate.
Post a Comment