I'm looking for a rich benefactor to buy me things that I can't afford. I'd like to start with the following list of incredible picture books:
1) Olivia Forms a Band (Ian Falconer)
2) Dooby Dooby Moo (Doreen Cronin & Betsy Lewin)
3) Bats at the Beach (Brian Lies)
4) Fancy Nancy (Jane O'Connor)
5) Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late (Mo Willems) [ANYTHING by Mo Willems is hilarious and creative and divine. Try "Knufflebunny" and "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus". True classics in this house!]
6) Flotsam (David Wiesner)
7) Library Lion (Michelle Knudsen)
8) Chowder (Peter Brown)
9) G is for One Gzonk! An Alpha-Number-Bet Book
10) Grumpy Gloria (Anna Dewdney)
11) Mommy? (new pop-up book by Maurice Sendak...GREAT Halloween book...I just bought this one so don't get me this one!)
12) The Boy of Steel: A Baseball Dream Come True (Ray Negron)
13) The Greatest Power (Demi)
14) Duck and Goose (Tad Hills)
15) Eats, Shoots, and Leaves (Lynne Truss)
Seriously, if you are rich, this puny list is nothing. Please send right away.
Thank you for you kind attention to my needs.
7 comments:
I'm trying to take it all in...so much at once....but I am grateful to have you back in my life. In those moments when I need a break, to sit and relax and be entertained, you are there. Please, I am on the edge of my rolling, black office chair to hear about the rest of your adventures!
If the lacey bra was a triple A, it's probably mine...or Abby's.
3 new blogs? You spoil me! I have been going over it in my head since you told me--so many things could have happened. We should have a contest to see who can come up with the best story behind the infamous bra...
on another note...your birthday is coming up and there is a book fair at Haley's school next week...how could I make a few extra bucks?...prostitution? no that wouldn't make me enough. bake sale? hmm, no time to cook dinner for my family. plasma? where's the yellow pages?
You're so cute!
Do you know, I have NO IDEA about any of these books.
I am YUCK.
Thanks forthe list. I may read them myself for my grandkids. OOPs Sorry I forgot this was for you.
You are the very person, indeed, to ask about children's books. There is no one better. My child is only 8 months old right now--any suggestions for this age other than Sandra Boynton (we have every one) and Goodnight Moon?
Where are all those adventures you promised us?..still waiting.
Post a Comment