Sunday, April 22, 2007
The Saga Continues...Greg Brady Part 3
My husband read my 2 previous posts and pointed out my failure to mention H. who has moved out of her room and in to the boy's "previous" bedroom. She sleeps on J.'s bed and somehow wakes up in the morning on M's bed. But she hasn't fallen out of bed once in the last week and she still maintains her "other" room for keeping clothes, books, and toys. See how confusing my life is? It is especially bad if I get up in the middle of the night to check on the kids and I can't remember where anyone is! Curse you Greg Brady!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Let me know if H. starts wearing bell bottoms and fringy vests. I know this sounds obvious, but have you thought of telling them all to cut it out and move back into their rooms? Or is this an experiment to see just how far kids will carry out an extreme measure designed to drive their parents looney? Just asking.
Life with kids is never dull! I applaud you for letting your kids do fun, un-organized (except for the basket as a hamper things). That's my little bit of OCD...I can't handle thing that aren't like they are supposed to be. Bring on the shag carpet! Are they going to form a singing group soon and wear tacky outfits?
I am loving the ever-unfolding saga of how Greg Brady is changing your lives...who knew? So--should I not watch Sex and the City? I thought it was kind of weird when Cubby asked me for an apple martini after dinner last night.
I think the time has come for a "Greg Brady Intervention..." You need to reclaim your home, but still encourage their "groovy" minds...Let them pick out paint colors for their ORIGINAL walls (I will come and help...) as well as give them options to choose from for new comforters ( I can help you sew...) I can also supply each with a calming Lava-lamp...tres hip!!
What I have found is that you can encourage their "individuality," by giving them options that YOU have chosen...Why do you think Ella's room is not rainbow striped walls with shedding furry pillows? (We kept the rainbow stripe on a comforter I made her, and we made fun, bold pillows out of bright colors, "sans" the fur...)
It's all about giving them options...just options that YOU can live with!!!
I am laughing...that is all I can say.
I would not have believed it had I not seen it for myself. Your kids are funny little individuals. Maybe it's just a phase?
A book to pass along...I just read Diary Queen my Catherine Gilbert Murdock. It's YA lit. and it was really good. No swear words, or s-e-x!
Amy, like a wise family once said...
You gotta keep on, keep on, keep on...(I don't know the rest of the words...that's good, right?)
"When it's time for change you've got to rearrange..." A fitting song, also. Remember that one?
ohhhh funny! We just moved the girls into a bigger room to share. Their only hang up is that one likes to decorate in "Princess" style and the other is "Cowgirl" to the core. How will this play out when they are teenagers? Hmmmm.
holy cow. That is funny. but I feel for you. I have had the musical bedroom situation for a month...no, several months, and it's finally under control. at least mine were actully in bedrooms...
i was laughing so hard at this. I remember that episode well. I wish they had the brady bunch on pbs here! It would be nice to add "groovy" to thier vocabulary--they've got "wicked" down.
Post a Comment