Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No More Dinner Stress

I really hate dinner. I hate trying to think of something to cook, trying to muster up the energy to cook, trying to convince the kids to let me cook, and I really, really don't like grocery shopping. We might as well sit around and eat dollar bills! You hand over hard earned money for stuff that you are just going to eat and then poop. I don't mean to be graphic but really...when put in that context, doesn't eating dinner with all the shopping, prep, creativity, etc. just seem like a waste of time? Well, today I found the website that just might change my life. It sends you a meal plan every single week...healthy, nutritious, fresh ingredient meals...easy to prepare (prep time around 20 minutes) and gives you the whole grocery list (organized in to the different sections of the grocery store) and prints out all the easy recipes for you to follow. If you don't like one of the recipes for the week then you remove it and add another one. In 10 minutes I'd planned all the dinners for the next week, printed my little grocery list, add a couple additional things I needed, shopped, and voila...we had a fairly decent dinner tonight! So...just thought I'd share. I still had to go to the store, buy the stuff with money, fix it and will have to poop it later but having someone else do some of the work sure made it seem a lot more pleasant.

The Six O'Clock Scramble

4 comments:

Laura said...

POOP!! Any blog that uses the word POOP more than once is so entertaining to me...Except when it's poop in MY house...Because if I know about someone else's poop, it can never be a good thing...

MISS YOU TERRIBLY!!

Natalie C. said...

Good for you, that's so freeing, isn't it? Blogs are so awesome for tips like this. Thank you!

Just to give you another option, I also like the website, www.savingdinner.com. They do the same thing with grocery lists & recipes for the week, only you can't mix and match as easily, but she has a lot of menu options. I do the Heart Healthy because I don't like meat that much, anyway (you get 2 vegetarian meals, 2 fish, 1 chicken & 1 beef) & I need to lower my cholesterol, also, and the Daytime Options (breakfast, lunch & snacks- all with weight watchers points!!) What I like about it is that you get 1 crockpot recipe every week, and she includes a lot of Super Foods (spinach, berries, nuts, etc., etc.- you can do a google search). It's all super healthy & tastes good, too!

mo said...

What a good idea! I'm going to check it out.

Kristi T. said...

Amy you are completly awesome. I just love you so much you are always so thoughtful to everyone around you. Thanks for the hints on dinners I will be sure to check it out I just wanted you to know I love you tons and I am so excited for next year preschool. Take care and talk to ya soon. Kristi