Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Classic Moment

My favorite moment today happened on a jaunt through Wal-Mart with ALL 3 kids (which by the way, is totally against my personal creed to take children shopping, let alone shopping in the "Petri Dish" store.) Anyway, we were looking at some Band-Aids when H. noticed a box with a picture of blood on it. Since she has a strange love/hate relationship with blood, she asked me what it was. It was a box of "finger pokers" (sorry for my severe ignorance) used to test your blood. Thus ensued a pretty intense conversation about diabetes and why you have to poke your finger and test your blood and taking insulin and such. M. asked, "So Mom, what happens if people don't take their insulin?" I explained that they could get very sick or even go into a coma. M. asked, "What is a coma?" I told him it was when you go in to a deep sleep and people can't wake you up. M. was thoughtful for a moment and then said, "Hey Mom. Maybe Sleeping Beauty had diabetes!"

I had a good chuckle.

4 comments:

Jen -n- Jase & kids said...

Oooohhhhh, now that was a good little chuckle to start off my day with. There's only one thing missing from this day's entry....How was the TV segment?

Megan said...

Oh that is classic-I love it!

chellae said...

That is so M. There are many days when I look at our little boy and think how much he is like his cousin.

RobHeidi Family said...

aHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ahahahahahaha! I am so proud of you for getting that in print since I have forgotten every cute thing my kids have said!