Sunday, April 13, 2008

Good-Bye U.S.A







Well, these 2 parents are leaving those 3 sweet faces for NINE glorious days while we explore southern Italy. We will try to post pictures and travel reports when we can so check back if you are interested in seeing how 2 adults survive on their own for the first time in a LONG time! We are headed for Rome tomorrow and then down south to Sicily. C. served his mission there so I'm excited to go see this significant part of his past! Plus he speaks the language which means we don't have to look totally lost and American.

Thank you to ALL the wonderful family and friends who are watching the kids! You are making this possible and we are SO grateful to you. It is hard to believe how many people it takes for 2 parents to leave 3 children...my fear is the kids are going to dread us coming back!

So...Ciao!

4 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Have mucho fun-o! I can't think of anything more exciting than touring southern Italy with the one you love the most. Maybe someday I'll get to do it, too... And see all of that classic art that I learned about in college. Take pictures! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sorry I won't see you in Utah though... :(

Jared Stubbs said...

Wahoo! That sounds like a blast. Abby and I dream about the day we will be able to travel. A few more kids and years of work down the line and who knows, maybe we will. Can't wait for the pictures, have fun!

mo said...

I hate to break this to you but even though C. speaks Italian, your very Scandinavian faces may give you away! I hope you are having a marvelous wonderful time!!!

Abby said...

I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it! You are very lucky indeed (if luck has anything to do with hard work). You deserve this--have fun!